Community Forum

adapter not working

New Poster

adapter not working

My additional room cable adapter is not working. The light does not turn on. About a year or so ago, we had the cable dude come in to do some repairs, and it worked then, but I had unplugged it for a long time (as it is in the bedroom, and the power cord for it made a horrid buzzing sound), then moved the TV & box location to other side of room, and now the box light won't even turn on. I dread the three hour chat and/phone call that this is undoubtedly going to take. Hoping one of you can think of something obvious I maybe did not notice. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: adapter not working

AnneDroyd wrote:

My additional room cable adapter is not working. The light does not turn on. About a year or so ago, we had the cable dude come in to do some repairs, and it worked then, but I had unplugged it for a long time (as it is in the bedroom, and the power cord for it made a horrid buzzing sound), then moved the TV & box location to other side of room, and now the box light won't even turn on. I dread the three hour chat and/phone call that this is undoubtedly going to take. Hoping one of you can think of something obvious I maybe did not notice. 

Sounds like the power supply is blown. Do you happen to have a second adapter to use it's power supply to test. If not, swap the adapter/power supply out at your local service center.