Community Forum

Xfinity on the remote

New Poster

Xfinity on the remote

When I push the Xfinity button on the remote, I no longer have the "search button."  I called Comcast and after 27 minutes of rebooting over and over, was told that other people have the same problem.  They claim someone is working on it but have no idea when it will be fixed.  I want my "search" button back.  Can you help me?

Expert

Re: Xfinity on the remote

@BeckyGannon wrote:

When I push the Xfinity button on the remote, I no longer have the "search button."  I called Comcast and after 27 minutes of rebooting over and over, was told that other people have the same problem.  They claim someone is working on it but have no idea when it will be fixed.  I want my "search" button back.  Can you help me?

Mine is working in my service area.

Did you try pushing 1 un the numeric pad?  Channel "1" is XOD.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity on the remote

Hi @BeckyGannon , we're sorry for the inconvenience.  Search can still be found on the main level navigation after hitting the Xfinity button as a magnifying glass to the left of the screen.  You can also use T9 or voice search if you have a voice remote control.  We are constantly evaluating our products and user experiences and will take your feedback into consideration on how to better improve access to search.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!