Community Forum

Xfinity On-Demand Not Working on Tivo Premiere 4

New Poster

Xfinity On-Demand Not Working on Tivo Premiere 4

I have my own modem plus my own Tivo Box that I'd have since 2014 alongside Comcast service. I've always had this combo as it saves me money on renting from Comcast own equipment every month. When I lived in my city, it's never been an issue to activate it. I've always had a technician come and make sure everything is working correctly before he leaves. Well I just recently moved to another area about 20 mins away and I found out that the the 2 different areas use different cablecards. So restarting my service with Comcast has been a nightmare so far. I initially signed up for a Triple Play. The technician came out on Aug 18, 2018 but was not able to complete any work because the modem that I had was not compatible with the phone network. That was an honest miscalculation on my part that I wasn't aware of. However I told that technician my plans and we had a helpful conversation about how to move forward with keeping the same service or switching services. I called Comcast Customer Service the next day to switch my service to what I had in the past (Double Play) and I figured that I would move my plan to a no-term agreement contract just in case I ran into any further problems with installation as the first technician was unaware I even needed a cablecard and wasn't sure Comcast still supported them. I told the customer service agent that I would need a cablecard and to notate that on my account. He did and 3 days after my initial appt, the second technician came out on Aug 21. He informed me that he got my request for a cablecard but because he wasn't an in house technician he didn't have access to procuring one and that only in house Xfinity technicians could bring me one. So I hit another snag. He was able to set up my Internet but I was still without access to TV services. He informed that I could use the Xfinity Stream app to access TV on my phone, computer, or Roku device if I had one. I did check it on my phone and computer and saw that the app was working, but I hardly watched any programming because I don't prefer the smaller screens. He then told me I would have to call back and have yet a third in house technician come back out to bring me the cablecard. He also wanted to make sure I wasn't charged for the subsequent visits since my service was not completely installed. On Thursday the 23rd of Aug, that third technician came out and installed my cablecard. After about 2.5 hours of speaking with cablecard support, we finally got channels to appear that were in my package, but I had no access to On Demand at all. I've never had this issue in the past when I lived in my other area but I guess this new Cisco cablecard is different. I'm not sure. I called Comcast Cablecard Support on Sat Aug 25 and spoke with a gentleman who said that it looks to be activated correctly but there may be an issue on the server side. He said that he needed to escalate it up to management and that someone would call me back. Well someone did that same day and that young lady informed that she needed my Tivo TSN number from off the back of my Tivo and that she would escalate it further up to management and someone else would be calling me back. No one did for the rest of the day so I called back on Sun, Aug 26 and spoke with another lady that said my issue wasn't lost and that someone would contact me within 24-72 hours on business days. That was Sunday the 26th. Today is Wednesday the 29th. Haven't heard from anyone. I've never had this many issues with Comcast just getting service up and running. Now I checked today on my phone randomly after not using Xfinity Stream for several days and my Xfinity Stream is denying me access to channels that are in my package! So I can't even use that. I'm this close to canceling my Comcast subscription altogether and just going with another service. I've never had this many issues just activating Comcast service on a cablecard before. Can you please help me resolve this On Demand issue? And now Xfinity Stream as well! Smh.