Community Forum

XR2 remote will not turn off my box.

New Poster

XR2 remote will not turn off my box.

Upon pressing the all on button on the XR2 remote only the tv turns on not the cable box.

Is there a way to reprogram the XR2 to turn off the box and tv?

New Poster

Re: XR2 remote will not turn off my box.

Get new boxes, enter new codes, doesn't truly pair with TV controls, unplug set top boxes, enter new codes, good to go. kitchen TV goes out of synch, correct out of synch issue, TV and STB go on and off together with remote, great! try to replicate procedure for other 2 TV's, no deal... the central office shuts down operability of new code on all remotes, I revert to old codes, good to go. End result... 1 TV and it's STB turns on and off with remote , other 2 STB's have to be turned off with manually. Chatted online about the issue, without my consent they attempted to roll a van. Failed to tell me according to the company forums that the company disabled all off feature on the XR2v3 remote. because of out of synch issues. SWEET! What does my wife think of all this? she just wants to watch the Steelers play and when it's time for bed... To quote her exactly... I don't want that green light in my face, It's distracting! She wants me to install 2 clappers to resolve the issue, her idea, I love it! I just might do it! Thanks Comcast, I'm glad to know your experts are working on a solution to this problem. If you need me, I'll be in the bathroom, pushing just one handle, to resolve a multitude of my gastro-intestinal complexities. Take the hint, less is always more.

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR2 remote will not turn off my box.

Having the same issue. I was able to pair my new XR2 remote with my old Motorola DCT 700 cable box - but only to change channels. The remote will not turn the cable box on or off, so I have to keep the cable box constantly on. I tried all possible ways to fully pair the remote witht he box, and this is the best I could achieve.

A few calls to tech support, and the only solution they offer is to send me XR5 remote. I am sure it is not going to work. I am also sure the cable box will die soon, so Comcast will end up sending a new box - which will likely have to stay alway on, to die in a few month. If this works for Comcast, then this is fine by me. Would appreciate any ideas - "secret" cable box code, etc. Thanks!