Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR2 Remote freezing up

New Poster

XR2 Remote freezing up

Have a XR2 remote and Magnavox TV.  When I depress the Volume up on the remote the ALL POWER button lights up steady red and the entire remote is froze.  Must pull a battery to reset remote.  All other features work ok Channel UP/Down, Guide, Menu, etc.  what is causing this.  I just returned from Comcast store and swapped out the old box and new box installed and does same thing ????

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote freezing up

Brand new install. Less than 30 days. I have the same problem with two XR2 remotes. Both programmed for same Magnavox TV. Xfinity agent told me it would cost almost $60 for a tech to come to the house. Or I could drive 37 minutes to the nearest Comcast office. This must be a programming glitch or flaw. Cant a tech walk through this issue by phone?
New Poster

I have the same issue, did this get resolved?

Contributor

Apparently not. I have just got home with an upgraded DTV HD box.  I have two Magnavox TV's  with the DTV boxes. Both worked fine with the old remotes.  The XR2 remote freezes Magnavox Tv's when adjusting the Audio. Doesnt matter if its a standard DTV or an HD DTV. I tested the XR2 remote on the second Magnavox with the standard DTV and the same happens.  All other functions seem ok. Its the Remote.

If I was confident about getting a universal remote that would work with the new box i would get one. But ?????

New Poster

Just got my in-laws a new Magnovox 32” HD TV and having the same problem.  Tried all the codes and the remote still freezes. Just got the box this fall.  The remote worked with their old CRT TV.  Will try to call Comcast tomorrow and see what they have to say. Very frustrating for them and me.