Community Forum

XR2 Remote Doesn't Have Favorites or My DVR

Contributor

XR2 Remote Doesn't Have Favorites or My DVR

Note: this is NOT for the X1 service! I have a brand new HD cable box that came with an XR2 remote. I was able to rebuild my Favorites list using the old-style remote (I now have two remotes). But I want to use the new XR2 remote as well -- but it has no FAV button. It also has no My DVR button, so it is impossible to get into my DVR to rebuild my recording schedule. 

Should I just throw this new remote into the trash, and use the older style one, or is there a way to make this thing work?

Official Employee

Re: XR2 Remote Doesn't Have Favorites or My DVR

Steve Thornton wrote:

Note: this is NOT for the X1 service! I have a brand new HD cable box that came with an XR2 remote. I was able to rebuild my Favorites list using the old-style remote (I now have two remotes). But I want to use the new XR2 remote as well -- but it has no FAV button. It also has no My DVR button, so it is impossible to get into my DVR to rebuild my recording schedule. 

Should I just throw this new remote into the trash, and use the older style one, or is there a way to make this thing work?

Apologies. You can use the XR2 remote with the cable boxes that you have and map some of the colored A-B-C-D keys on the remote control as shortcuts for some functions. Some details below: 

Remote Control Improvements

Allows the set-top box to now use the XR2 remote. New option in the Setup menu allowing customers to personalize the A, B, C or D keys on their remote to better meet their needs and usage of the guide with the new remote control.

Go to Main Menu (Press Menu twice on your silver Comcast remote control) > then choose Setup > Remote Setup. From here you can assign one of the A-B-C-D keys  

Customers can override the default values of the A, B, C or D keys

Current defaults for the legacy guide (A31) using the XR2 remote: A is Help, B is Day+, C is Closed Captioning & D is DVS

Available current options are:
On Demand
DVR
Replay
Closed Captions
DVS
Day+ or Day-
Live
3D Mode
Help

You can re-assign any of the ABCD keys to perform any of the above functions using an XR2 remote. Also the more recent version of the XR2v3 remote does have a FAV button on the remote. 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/22772i57F730E5EA70EED3/image-size/original?v=...

We can arrange to get you the XR2v3 remote control or the silver remote control that you are used to. You can also pick either one up at no charge at the Comcast Service Center listed below: 

12645 Stone Ave N

Seattle, WA 98133

Monday-Saturday: 9:00am-7:00pm. Sunday: 12:00pm-4:00pm

New Poster

Re: XR2 Remote Doesn't Have Favorites or My DVR

I have the dark grey remote for my cisco dvr box.  When I exchanged my dvr box for another because it wasn't working they gave me the xr2 remote.   They don't have alot of the functions the dark grey remote has.  No favorite, My DVR, HD Zoom, anyways when I called customer service we were told they no longer carry the dark grey remote and had to use the new ones.  Why did they quit using the other remotes.