Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XR2 Remote Control with RNG 150N Cable Box (Default Audio Track Changes)

Frequent Visitor

XR2 Remote Control with RNG 150N Cable Box (Default Audio Track Changes)

By random chance, I had read, in a different forum, that the "D" button on the XR2 remote control for the RNG 150N cable box changes the Default Audio Track (so you don't have to press the red xfinity Menu button to access the Main Menu).

So that [now] explains the problem I've been having, and if others are having the same problem, this will solve it for you.

I have had the RNG 150N cable box for only a short period of time, and I thought the box had a mind of its own, as several times, it had changed to espanol, with the Video Descriptive Service mode being activated, [seemingly] without doing anything at all on my end.

I dislike the way the XR2 remote control is designed overall, especially with the volume up/down and channel up/done rocker buttons placed inconveniently near the top of the remote control, as opposed to near or in the middle of it, where it should be.

It seems that since the "D" button is placed closely above the number "3" button, it is relatively easy to inadvertantly/accidentally press that when pressing the number "3" button and hence the box would appear to be changing the Default Audio Track and activating the Video Descriptive Service mode.

Of course, simply pressing the "D" button again turns off the Desciptive Video Service mode and returns the Default Audio Track to English. Smiley Happy

Case of the RNG 150N with a mind of its own SOLVED! Smiley Happy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR2 Remote Control with RNG 150N Cable Box (Default Audio Track Changes)

On the cable box, in the SETUP settings, you can change the what each of the ABCD keys do. It's under Remote Key setup. In my case, I changed D to be CC on/off.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Andy. Smiley Happy

I hadn't paid any attention to the Remote Key Setup on-screen feature. Looks like the D key function default value is Descriptive Video Service (DVS).

Regular Visitor

Thanks to YOU I fixed my problem of not being able to switch to English. I agree that this remote is the worst!