Community Forum

XR2 REMOTE WILL NOT TURN TV OFF

New Poster

XR2 REMOTE WILL NOT TURN TV OFF

HOW CAN I REPROGRAM MY XR2 REMOTE TO TURN OFF MY TV?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR2 REMOTE WILL NOT TURN TV OFF

robertthomas131 wrote:

HOW CAN I REPROGRAM MY XR2 REMOTE TO TURN OFF MY TV?

Visit this link, select your TV and try all of the codes listed until you find one that does the job:  http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  I already did this.  I tried all 11 codes for the Sony.  4 turned the TV off, but none of the 11 would turn the TV ON or control VOLUME

New Poster

I have the same problem. Remote is programed and will turn the Sony TV Off. However, it will not turn it back on or change the volume.

Did you ever get this figured out ?

Thanks

New Poster

Pretty Confident that ::   HERE IS THE ANSWER YOIU ARE LOOKING FOR WITH THE XR2 REMOTE NOT WORKING WITH SONY TV !!

Look in the back of the remote above the battery cover to see what remote you have been supplied.

If the remote is a "XR2" - It will only turn off the Sony TV ,  other functions will NOT work (Vol, Mute, Turning TV ON)

If the remote is a "XR2 V3-P" - It will work perfectly. It will turn the TV on & Off, adjust volume and Mute is also functional.

This took me a couple hours to figure out... No idea why ... but all my sony TV are now working great with the XR2 V3-P remote.

Samsung worked fine with the "XR2" remote.

Hope this helps !!

New Poster

Pretty Confident that ::   HERE IS THE ANSWER YOIU ARE LOOKING FOR WITH THE XR2 REMOTE NOT WORKING WITH SONY TV !!

Look in the back of the remote above the battery cover to see what remote you have been supplied.

If the remote is a "XR2" - It will only turn off the Sony TV ,  other functions will NOT work (Vol, Mute, Turning TV ON)

If the remote is a "XR2 V3-P" - It will work perfectly. It will turn the TV on & Off, adjust volume and Mute is also functional.

This took me a couple hours to figure out... No idea why ... but all my sony TV are now working great with the XR2 V3-P remote.

Samsung worked fine with the "XR2" remote.

Hope this helps !!

New Poster

I'm having the same problem with a Sony TV and the XR2 remote.  I tried to get an XR2 V3-P remote by going the closest Xfinity store (they didn't have one), and then by calling Customer Service (they also said they couldn't order one).  Any other suggestions about how to get an XR2 V3-P remote?

New Poster

comcast black box xr2 remote wont turn power off on the samsung tv

New Poster

Thanks Pike...worked perfectly

New Poster

Happy to help - Glad it worked