Community Forum

X2 remote control box volume but TV power?

New Poster

X2 remote control box volume but TV power?

I have a situation where I need a X2 remote to control the cables box’s volume but still control the TV for power.  If I default the remote I can control the box volume but obviosly not the TV.  If I set the TV code I’m now locked into controlling the TV volume unless I do code 992 I think for setting an AVR to control volume so the volume can be unlinked from the TV but I can’t figure out how to assign back to the csble box.  

Reason: I have an older plasma monitor and I’m getting rid of the AVR and high end remote and instead using a brick amp to drive a sound bar.  TV has no amp or speakers.  Just want a single remote and I don’t have the TV remoteso right now I’m using two X2 remotes.  One’s default so it controls cable box volume and cable power while the second has the TV learn so it control both TV and cable power.

Official Employee

Re: X2 remote control box volume but TV power?

Hi VAV1,

When pairing the remote, did you try using all of the codes provided for your brand of TV? There should be one that will allow you to control both the power and volume if the first one doesn't work for you. 

New Poster

I need to control TV power buy Cable box volume.  My TV is an old Panasonic plasma monitor, no speakers, no internal amps so I need to pass my cable box audio to a brick amp which means I need to control the cable box volume but if I learn a TV it only controls that.  If I unlock the volume so I can control an AVR or soundbar I’d need a code for the cable box but that’s even if they have that in the AVR table as a possibility.  

Official Employee

Ok. After pairing your remote, you should have been given the option to attempt to pair a sound bar. Do you recall seeing that option?

Please try pairing the remote again, after pairing the remote, try following the steps to pair the sound bar to see if this helps. Let me know of your findings after. 

New Poster

I am having the same problem, needing to use the power on for the tv but needing cable box to control the volume on my X2 remote.  

Had there been a fix found for this?