Community Forum

X1 Forum

New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

No DVR service here in the Bay Area, CA. This is beyond a joke - nothing but problems and frustration since the box arrived. Can someone remind me what I'm paying 200+ a month for??
Silver Problem Solver

Re: dvr maintenance

What DVR do you have?

If it is the new X1 this problem has been reported in this thread

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-Forum/td-p/1557105

Silver Problem Solver

Re: dvr system maintainance

What DVR do you have?

If it is the new X1 this problem has been reported in this thread

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-Forum/td-p/1557105

New Poster

Re: X1 DVR

I'm in south eastern mass. and the problems started Sunday night, it said the system was down for maintenance! during prime time!!!!!

I have been trying to call the service number and the automated system keeps hanging up on me. Comcast sucks more and more every year!

Problem Solver

@gmtivo wrote:
Not only is the DVR service down, but the call center/IVR is cutting off customers as they call in to report issues. Might be a good idea for the Comcast call center supervisor to check the ACD stats to see how many callers are getting cut off. This type of mishandling of customer calls just makes a bad situation worse. I've called in about 20 times tonight and have been cut off 18 times when dialing the X1 "help" line.

Unfortunately, given the widespread and essentially rather bad nature of the current DVR issue it's extremely likely that there are just so many support calls happening simultaniously that the call centers might not even be able to keep up with them (possibly purely due to infrastructure, load, and who knows what other reasons).

New Poster

Re: X1 just died

Have you gone into the deleted section of your DVR? If not everything you thought you deleted, never fully deleted. You need to delete the deleted shows...sounds dumb but that is what we had to do.

New Poster

Waited 43mins to get an agent and then 2 hours for a supervisor last night. He of course was useless and it was a total waste of time. The old "Oops I lost you" is the oldest ACD trick in the book. Looks like someone's KPIs are more important than customer service. Shameful...
New Poster

I have a pace dvr.  I don't really understand the one reply thread other thatn the manual.

Problem Solver

It's likely not going to be of much help calling in as it's pretty much clearly a widespread and known X1 issue at this point that Comcast is working on.  Not likely that they can really do much for any individual boxes/accounts as it appears to be some sort of a larger service-related issue affecting pretty much everyone (with an X1 box).  Unfortunately, more than likely, there's not much more that can be done on the side of those of us with an X1 box than to wait until the issue is worked out (hopefully much sooner than later).

New Poster

Thanks - I do have the X1 - it was working last week when I got it, but not now.
Problem Solver

@smitch wrote:

I have a pace dvr.  I don't really understand the one reply thread other thatn the manual.

Yeah, generally Pace is the X1 box, so you can follow the updates in the X1 thread at http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-Forum/td-p/1557105.

Frequent Visitor

We are in Sacramento, California.  For the last several months we have had fairly good luck with the X1 DVR.  Recently we began to have problems with the percentage used - our TV shows a much higher percentage than is shown on the xfinity-comcast website.  For the last several days we have had the same problems as everyone else rendering the DVR pretty much worthless.  Hopefully we can get a credit for the time the DVR does not work.

Frequent Visitor

Just adding my voice to those who are having problems with the X1 DVR service. I was trying to watch some recorded programs on my nearly-maxed out drive before heading out of town. Can't do that, but at least now my DVR also isn't recording anything new, so my concerns about losing what I've saved seem to be unnecessary.

I assume we'll all see a credit on our bills for the service we haven't had, right?

Excuse me. I just made myself laugh so hard that milk came out of my nose. And I haven't even had any milk in the last three days.

Kara, as this appears to be your forum, you might want to suggest that some proactive customer service would go a long way toward placating subscribers.

Frequent Visitor

Tonight, I've lost everything on the DVR.  I have nothing on my recorded programs list, I have nothing on the deleted list.  I can't get this thing out of my house fast enough. 

Problem Solver

Problem Solver

@3david wrote:

Tonight, I've lost everything on the DVR.  I have nothing on my recorded programs list, I have nothing on the deleted list.  I can't get this thing out of my house fast enough. 

It's likely that at least what you had before (if not even any new recordings) will be back once the issue has been addressed and DVR functionalty has been restored.

Frequent Visitor

I realize they know about the outage...but unless you call in to the call center and get a ticket, you can't get a credit. Believe me, I don't like spending my evenings on hold and getting cut off.
Frequent Visitor

The shows will probably come back to my DVR eventually, and can be enjoyed by whoever inherits this terrible box after they come pick it up.

New Poster

Methods to contact Comcast.

I agree that if Comcast were smart, they would proactively offer a credit, even a modest one, as a token of appreciation for our business and our patience with the latest X1 shenanigans.

New Poster

I can't believe I actually left FIOS for this. They had their slowness issues with their box at time but nothing like the mess we are all seeing with the DVR. Best part is that the phone reps play dumb like they've never heard anyone else call in with this problem before. I'm sure some of them will still try it if you could get through to one of them tonight, even with the recording that they know their is a problem.
Silver Problem Solver

unplug your box to reset it you should be fine.

Silver Problem Solver

the x1 is a piece of garbage, you should turn it in and get your old box back.  If you look at the page you posted on two threads above yours.you will see 15 pages of others like you who are beta testing this box for comcast but not knowing it and still paying full price for it plus and install charge.  isnt that comcastic.?

Regular Contributor

Oddly i have 2 DVRs and 2 different response on tonights infamous night. One DVR is like the most most with TV and guild but DVR says its unavailable. The other box cant bring up any menu... It tries and I get a red Xfinity Logo in the upper corner and something that resembles an outline overlay of what would be the menu but its very light. The lower popup menu when you change channels does work.
Frequent Visitor

We to are experiencing extreme latency when using the X1 system.  If Comcast is in the process of migrating data to the cloud, changing servers, doing maintenance, etc. that ultimately affects the performance of the system, I do think emails should go out to those customers that have X1 hardware telling them about the maintenance/conversion efforts and informing them that there are going to be problems.

I work in Healthcare I.T. as a Clinical Systems analyst, we are continuously in contact with our clients to let them know about upgrades, service issues, and plan downtimes. Granted, no one dies or is "really" affected adversely by not getting to watch a television show, but we are paying for a service. 

It would be a nice gesture, if Comcast elected to waive the DVR service charge for those people that have an X1 system during these months of the upgrade and offer better email communication about the upgrades to their system.  Expecting client services to deal with the onslaught of calls seems unhelpful.

I called last night, as I hadn't checked the forum in some time, about the latency issue. The C.S. agent pushed for a maintenance visit and X1 box replacement. I asked her several times if she really felt that that was necessary, then directly asked her "Are you certain that this is a hardware issue? Or are we dealing with a software/firmware issue here".  The response "We don't know, so we're trying everything". 

Wow. Either Customer Service, is as ill informed as the customer base, or ComCast management isn't communicating well with their C.S. group about what's really going on, or the organization really is at a loss for what's causing the problem. I'm sure the truth is buried somewhere in between the layers.

Regular Visitor

I am absolutely sick of these boxes.

6 months of X1 and there is a new problem every week. DVR maintainance is the latest error.

They are a nightmare to deal with!

$250/month to beta test

Frequent Visitor

I am in Northern California and experiencing the same issues as described. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone (40 of them on hold) and do all spoke to a CSR. I explained my frustration with the box, the amount of time I have spent on the phone in the past 90 days trying to fix a plethora of problems, and my biggest one of paying Comcast for a service they are not providing to my satisfaction or as claimed. The rep said "sorry for the inconvenience" 4 times before I told him he did not need to say it anymore. He went on to say there is a problem and they are working on it. I told him I wanted him to apply a credit to my account for this and he said I would have to call back when it is fixed and then get the credit for the amount of days it is down. I told him of that's the case, I will be on the phone with your billing department every other day!! I then asked to be transferred to billing and he said "I can, bit as I said they won't do anything until its fixed." It was at that time I almost said "GFY" but he had already transferred me. Bottom line, this is a joke and Comcast needs to make us whole for a service we are paying for and not getting.
Regular Contributor

I agree about us being beta-testers.  I've had mine about 6 months too.  Besides them lying about how much the "better deal" was going to cost, and the great new box ...

They should be giving these boxes to us for free.

The interface is nicer but it's been missing tons of features.  It was kind of 6 one way, a dozen the other, so I held onto it, especially since I kept my motorola box, which works well.  As I've learned more about it, and the whole "everything in the cloud" bull setup, I've been more and more agravated. 

As a software engineer who works with a saas product, this is not the kind of thing you put in the cloud.  You don't put inode lists on remote servers.  You should always be able to acccess your recordings even if the servers are down.  Notice, of course, that their precious on demand is working just fine.

This last month though, the x1 box has become almost unusable.  The issues far outway any benefit so either I'm sticking it in the bedroom and moving the motorola out to the living room, or I'm returning it.

One of the service people told me that comcast had actually pushed all of them to use the box.  Like they were doing their workers a favor. Most ended up getting rid of them because there were so many problems.

Regular Visitor

Problems exist in Boston for myself and friends with the X1 boxes. 

We're getting the spinning wheel all the time, unbearable latency, random errors that force us to restart and now the DVR maintainance for thelast few days.

Sick and tired of paying all this money to beta test this garbage!

New Poster

I can't believe you didn't test these before you rolled them out. The X1 box has issues EVERY DAY!!! It doesn't record things and when it says it does it doesn't show...totally disturbed and I tried to call tonight because it didn't work for 2 hours and was on hold for 40 minutes with NO answer. If this is the way u are heading, you all need to fix the issue!!
Regular Contributor

I got through far enough once today to get a recording that they new about and were working on the X1 box issue.

The other 4 times I called I just got a busy signal once I was supposedly passed to the support group. Probably too many people calling for even the automated messaging system to work.

X1 in the cloud, taking everyone down at once, was their stupid idea.

Contributor

I am unable to access my DVR again today. I am getting the system is undergoing maintenance message. This is the second day in a row that the DVR has been unusable. Can we get a response from Comcast ?
Regular Contributor

Due to System Maintenance

DVR is Unavailable

This is @ 11 pm - when I want to watch a show.

Unacceptable.

I am calling Comcast tomorrow and asking for my installation charge to be refunded, all rental of the X1 boxes since February to be refunded and the boxes to be replaced with the old boxes.  And I may still cancel and try DirectTV. 

This is ridiculous.

New Poster

soooo - this thing with the DVR - is it happening to everyone in nor cal? 

Regular Contributor

@cindip wrote:

soooo - this thing with the DVR - is it happening to everyone in nor cal? 

I'm in Atlanta - seems system wide - been on hold now for about 10 minutes - will probably never get through before I give up.

Absolutely ridiculous.

System maintenance should not affect my local recordings.  If that is the architecture, then I'm out.  I want old-style VCR/DVR recording cababilities that only require local power to access my recordings.

Frequent Visitor

Can't play (or even see) recordings and box isn't recording series recordings. Well done, Comcast. Well done.

New Poster

All DVR functions unavailable.  Having to switch to live tv, but lost all my sports recordings.

This is unbelieveable...I can't even watch locally stored programs.  Support people on the phone were useless...no tentative time for when "the maintanance" will end...

Maybe time to look at DirectTV or something else...

Frequent Visitor

In NorCal... DVR recordings are available. However, cannot delete anything. Scheduled recordings also unavailable.

Frequent Visitor

They did something, able to delete recordings now. Still not able to see scheduled.

Regular Contributor

I see a new XRE Server version this morning. Both boxes working good but one has the record light stuck (nothing new) and the other one is missing part of the Xfinity menu at the top when you press the Xfiniity button. You dont see the top row of Guide, DVR, On Demand, etc but you can navigate to them. Now I just need to figure out if any recordings happened last night.
Contributor

No recordings while the DVR was down. The wife can watch American Idol online if she wants. At the very least, Comcast needs to issue a credit to all their X-1 customers for the loss of service. 

Contributor

I can see my scheduled recordings, but It says I do not have any recordings.   I sure hope my recordings are still there.....

Regular Contributor

As of this morning, no access to DVR function. Called comcast and got a credit. Also waited on hold for X1 support. Their message says that if having trouble with DVR function to power cylce the box. Actually it says hit power button on front and then 20 seconds later, hit it again, but I'm thinking what they meant is that you should hold the powerbutton for 20 seconds to actually turn the box off, then turn it back on again. I'll try when I get home, but I'm dubious that it will help.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I too have scheduled a number of recordings and they are not there. I called a friend of mine who works for comcast to switch out my box and he told me they have a national issue with the recordings and are working on a patch

Frequent Visitor

what they mean is to unplug the cord in back of the box. It is on the bottom left with a blue circle. I have tried but to no avail. I guess we have to wait for the patch. It normally helps but not this time.

Frequent Visitor

DVR Issues

This worked on one of my X1 boxes.  I did not have DVR capability for three days +.  No recordings from last night...will be checking my other box shortly.

I agree with others stating that Comcast should be PROACTIVE and credit all X1 customers for this fiasco.  As a tech company, they should have no issue identifying all X1 customers and sending out an email thanking us for our patience and offering us something (credit, two free movies).

Comcast also needs to be more transparent with this issue.  I really did not realize that I was going to be PAYING to be a BETA tester when I switched to X1.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Issues

@golfgreg74 wrote:

Comcast also needs to be more transparent with this issue.  I really did not realize that I was going to be PAYING to be a BETA tester when I switched to X1.

Precisely.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Issues

Sorry, forgot to note that I am in the Northern Cal region (roughly 45minutes North of the GG Bridge).

Rebooting seems to have worked on both boxes...no scheduled shows recorded last night.  Anything that was previously recorded was still in my recordings section.

Still, very disappointed that there has been no contact or replies from Comcast as of now.

Contributor

I'm fed up with Comcast TV

My first 9 weeks with Comcast TV is very disappointing for the following reasons:

1. All of the X1 issues - this should never have happened to paying customers and is totally unacceptable.  I expect a full refund for two months of botched TV service or I will cancel.  I've tried to schedule recording of programs while I was unable to watch them so I could watch them later and it's VERY hit and miss - mostly MISS - totally unreliable and UNACCEPTABLE!

2. Very few actual HD movie channels even though I have the most expensive package - only 6 by my count, ONLY ONE HD CHANNEL FOR EACH PAID MOVIE PACKAGE, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, and Showtime plus one from Turner Classic Movies.

3. Extremely few actual programs in full 5.1 surround sound.  X1 set to surround and connected to receiver via optical cable - receiver always says Dolby D - but actual sound only comes from front right and left for 98% of movies, even when at the beginning of the movie it says Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound!  It is the rare event when sound actually comes out of the center and rear channels - usually only silence!

The other two Xfinity services, Internet and Phone seem to be ok.  I will attempt to drop Comcast TV and switch to Direct TV but keep the high speed Internet and digital phone service.  I've posted several times about the apparant fundamental design flaws in the X1 system and have HEARD NOTHING FROM COMCAST.  I can only assume that my analysis is correct AND that Comcast is unwilling to admit their mistake and correct it, thus making their TV service unacceptable.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: I'm fed up with Comcast TV

just take the x1 back and get a regular cable box, the UI is terrible but at least it works. 

Regular Visitor

Re: I'm fed up with Comcast TV

With all of the "system maintence to the dvr" messages i see when i go to use it...you would think they would have fixed the issue by now..