Community Forum

X1 Forum

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

@glosaul wrote:

I live in voorhees nj and received the march 2 update but still no recording light also. I did find that the clock stays on even when the dvr box is off

Do a device restart and it should pull the latest update on boot up

Contributor

@AngieGallegos wrote:

Can I upgrade from my old bix silver box to the new one for free?

You will need to check with Comcast in your area to see if X1 is available to you. Free , probably not since it requires a truck roll for a tech to install it.  But every area is different.

Problem Solver

@HD-Tech wrote:

I have a recording light too! I wonder what was done because one of my DVR boxes already had the March 2nd build but no recording light.  There was a 4:30am push to my box.

No resolution issues.  I have always had the option in that menu.  When my first box went to the March 2 build it was stuck on 720p.  I could switch it to 1080p and by the output never actually changed.  Another device reset and I could have full control back.

Next major annoyance is the lack of ability for 2 live TV buffers to be active.  The dual tuner function of the old Moto boxes allowed this.  Oh and I cant not mention the FAN NOISE! Smiley Sad

Also, tonight my DVR space was ~50% consumed.  Once I went through and erased all the deleted items, I was down to 32%.  That took a few minutes as there were many shows to erase.  Can we get a simple "Erase All" option in that menu??

One thing that can help a bit when it comes to deleting/erasing things in the DVR section, both in the recordings part as well as in the deleted items, is you should be able to use the green 'D' button the remote which is a shortcut to delete items.

Plus, if you have more than one recording of a particular show, and it basically gets organized in a drop-down list of episodes under the show heading, if you simply select that show name heading and hit that green 'D' button on the remote, you can delete all of the recordings for that particular show (in case you had a bunch for a particular show and wanted to get rid of them all quickly).

Problem Solver

I'm not quite sure if this kind of thing has come up before, but in case it might be useful to someone, I thought I would mention that it looks like the colored A, B, C, and D buttons on the X1 remote sometimes provide various features that might not necessarily be listed or displayed.

For example, while the yellow A button is often used for various filter or sort items in Guide or DVR screens, and the red C button can bring up the Sports app when you are viewing a sporting event (or just on a sports channel), these and other buttons can sometimes do other things:

-- The green D button can be used to quickly delete/erase recordings in the DVR section.  This applies to individual recordings, as well as groups of recordings (basically those grouped by the program name, and perhaps even by date).  It also works on the recorded items page as well as the deleted items page.

-- The red C button can be used to expand (or contract) the time displayed in the Guide section (basially only display what's on for the next 1.5 hours or so, with a larger font, or for the next 3 hours or so, with a smaller font).

There are probably other uses of these buttons in different places, so it would be great if those could be shared, and possibly any other button (combination) shortcuts that can be of use (if perhaps they haven't been shared already).

Frequent Visitor

Thanks C_DM for the info on the ABCD buttons.  The D button for the fast delete is a big help.

After having a lot of the same problems everyone else had before the 3/2 build, I have to say for the most part my X1's are working well.  Occassional recording issue, but my old Moto boxes weren't perfect either.  I am now pretty happy with these and definitely like the interface and features much better than what I used to have.

New Poster

comcast X1 and Vulkano /Belkin streaming to android

I am looking to be able  to use my tablet (nexus 7) for streaming of live TV from my comcast X7, as well as watching items recorded on my DVR.  

I do see that there are a few products available for this (I am trying to avoid slingbox because of their quality issues).  the question is: can I use these streaming products with my comcast X1, for example the "Vulkano Flow Mobile Device for Viewing TV on the Go" or the beklin @tv"? 

any advice appreciated 

thanks 

Bronze Problem Solver

@jtg99 wrote:

Thanks C_DM for the info on the ABCD buttons.  The D button for the fast delete is a big help.

After having a lot of the same problems everyone else had before the 3/2 build, I have to say for the most part my X1's are working well.  Occassional recording issue, but my old Moto boxes weren't perfect either.  I am now pretty happy with these and definitely like the interface and features much better than what I used to have.

I agree...

Regular Contributor

It would be nice if they would task one as an input button, so I did not have to keep another remote around to change inputs!

Contributor

As for a remote, i went with Logitech myHarmony 300.  You program the remote by connecting it to a PC.  Controls all four devices (X1, DVD, TV & Surround Sound)

Tom

Problem Solver

@bradbortner wrote:

It would be nice if they would task one as an input button, so I did not have to keep another remote around to change inputs!

Yes, that's definitely one of the fairly useful buttons that was on the old remote and no longer on the new one.

The ability to switch between tuners was also quite useful, but that (unlike the TV input function button) more than likely involves more than just having a button for it on the remote.

Bronze Problem Solver

Two generations of STB's ago there was a button on the remote that was specific to subtities - press in and the subtitles turned on and press it again and the subtitles turned off.  I wouldn't mind seeing that come back. 

Also, hopefully one of the ABCD buttons will eventually become a day+ button while in the guide.

Problem Solver

@manamok wrote:

Two generations of STB's ago there was a button on the remote that was specific to subtities - press in and the subtitles turned on and press it again and the subtitles turned off.  I wouldn't mind seeing that come back. 

Also, hopefully one of the ABCD buttons will eventually become a day+ button while in the guide.

At least with the X1, aside from going into settings and turning closed captioning on/off from there (which isn't as quick or simple, but still not too bad), you can do it fairly quickly via the playbar options that appear at the bottom if you press down twice on the remote while you are watching something--you basically see a few buttons on the screen, mostly related to moving through what you are watching, but one of them is a CC button that you can select and turn the closed captioning on/off whenever you want to.  Certainly much simpler than the previous STBs and even than going through settings, even if not as quick as through a remote button.

And, yes, the day jump functionality is being sorely missed in the guide (and will hopefully be there associated with one of the colored ABCD buttons sooner than later).

Regular Contributor

XRE Server Update

As others have noted - there was a XRE Server version update the other night - the STB version is still March 2nd, however if you go to the About tab, you'll notice updated information in the 1st 3 lines of code.

After a month or so - i'm pretty set that with the X1 being cloud-based, there are Comcast side updates, and STB side updates.

I also have the recording light as of last night - I was sitting there - and was like, wait - what's that red light? Came here to the forums this morning and boom.

Frequent Visitor

Finally my recording light came on about 10pm, march 13 wed....everything works sofar

Regular Contributor

@manamok wrote:

ComcastKaraT:

When the output resolution on the X-1 box is set to 1080P does the box upscale the resolution to 1080P?  Or does the box pass the channels broadcast resolution (720P/1080i) along?

Thanks for all your help.

I need to do a bit of research on this, manamok. I will get back to you once I have more informaiton. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

That's a good question. I have noticed that when it is is set to the lower resolution, it definitely downscales higher res to lower, and when I watch non hd channels, they look non hd, so I'm betting it does not upscale....but not sure if that holds true for 720 to higher....

Bronze Problem Solver

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@manamok wrote:

ComcastKaraT:

When the output resolution on the X-1 box is set to 1080P does the box upscale the resolution to 1080P?  Or does the box pass the channels broadcast resolution (720P/1080i) along?

I need to do a bit of research on this, manamok. I will get back to you once I have more informaiton. 

Thanks Kara,

i ask because while watching HD programming - my Panasonic Plasma HDTV reports the input resolution as 1080P when I have that resolution selected on the X-1 box.  Before the X-1 offered a 1080P option the TV reported 720P.  The picture looks to be an improvement over 720P - therefore I suspect the x-1 box upscales the output to 1080P.   That's a nice little bonus.

Bronze Problem Solver

@C_DM wrote:

@manamok wrote:

At least with the X1, aside from going into settings and turning closed captioning on/off from there (which isn't as quick or simple, but still not too bad), you can do it fairly quickly via the playbar options that appear at the bottom if you press down twice on the remote while you are watching something--you basically see a few buttons on the screen, mostly related to moving through what you are watching, but one of them is a CC button that you can select and turn the closed captioning on/off whenever you want to.  Certainly much simpler than the previous STBs and even than going through settings, even if not as quick as through a remote button.

And, yes, the day jump functionality is being sorely missed in the guide (and will hopefully be there associated with one of the colored ABCD buttons sooner than later).

C_DM - when you say "press down twice on the remote" - what button are you pressing down twice on?

Problem Solver

By pressing down on the remote I mean pressing the down arrow button that is part of the four directional buttons bellow the main XFINITY menu button on the remote.

When you are watching something (whether its live, recorded, VOD, etc.) you can generally press that down button--often twice, but sometimes even once will get you there--and get the transport bar at the bottom showing you how far you are into whatever you are watching along with a few graphical buttons displayed below it on the screen, one of the rightmost ones is a CC one that you can select (again using the directional buttons on the remote) and toggle (using the select button in the middle of the directional buttons on the remote).

Regular Contributor

At random times when deleting dvr recordings I see the "Guide" ghosting on the right side of the screen at all times. And it stays there until I start one of my dvr recordings again.

Anyone else seeing this annoying bug?

Bronze Problem Solver

@C_DM wrote:
By pressing down mean pressing the down arrow button that is part of the four directional buttons bellow the main XFINITY button on the remote.

When you are watching something (whether its live, recorded, VOD, etc.) you can generally press that down button--often twice, but sometimes even once will get you there--and get the seek/playbar at the bottom showing you how far you are into whatever you are watching along with a few graphical buttons displayed below it on the screen, one of the rightmost ones is a CC one that you can select (again using the directional buttons on the remote) and toggle (using the select button in the middle of the directional buttons on the remote).

Great - learned something new today.  Your tips for using the remote are appreciated - thanks again.

Silver Problem Solver

From reading some of these posts it seems the x1 is getting better thank you to all who took this on.  It also seems like some of you do not have the user guide below.

http://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/X1Platform_UserGuide.pdf

Problem Solver

@manamok wrote:

ComcastKaraT:

It seems to upscale up to 1080p.

Bronze Problem Solver

@C_DM wrote:

@manamok wrote:

ComcastKaraT:

It seems to upscale up to 1080p.

Agreed.

Regular Contributor

@rog286713 wrote:

From reading some of these posts it seems the x1 is getting better thank you to all who took this on.  It also seems like some of you do not have the user guide below.

http://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/X1Platform_UserGuide.pdf

That guide is pretty weak, for example see C_DM's post above about the colored buttons - many of those functions are not in the guide.  And someone explained how to record a portion of a broadcast that is not broken up into hourly "shows" - not in the guide either.

I wish there was a more comprehensive manual, although there's probably not much missing.

New Poster

I have the hdmi pass thru from my X1 to the reciever to the TV. If the  audio setting is set to 'stereo' with the reciever off , the tv has sound. If I the change the setting to 'surround' , there is no sound from the tv. The settings work if the reciever is on.

Regular Contributor

D Button

THANK YOU for the post regarding the "D" button and deleting programs. When I set up my Harmony - I forgot to include "D".

Makes deleting shows from the "Deleted" folder so much easier!!

Now to reprogram my remote!

Regular Contributor

Thoughts on Guide Button

Here's an opinion question for the forum:

When I hit the "Guide" button - I'd really like the full guide to be displayed instead of the right-side of the screen mini guide.

I always hit Guide twice since I prefer the full version.

What does everyone else think?

Regular Contributor

I suspect that what is happening is that the receiver is capable of decoding 5.1 and downmixing to 2 channel for your TV when it is on, but when its off it just passes the signal, and your TV only understands stereo. At any rate, that's my best guess from the info in your post.

Regular Contributor

Re: D Button

I used to have a harmony. It got me 95% of the way there, but the remaining five percent was always irritating. When I heard they were selling the harmony business, I sold mine, and went with RF which allows me to put the cable box out of site. The only thing I really really miss is an input control button on the remote. What was Comcast thinking?!

Regular Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Guide Button

@PSUMattDE wrote:

Here's an opinion question for the forum:

When I hit the "Guide" button - I'd really like the full guide to be displayed instead of the right-side of the screen mini guide.

I always hit Guide twice since I prefer the full version.

What does everyone else think?

I use the full-screen version at least 90% of the time. I'd hate to lose access to the right-side guide completely, though, since it's the only way to get single-channel listings (press "right" when on a channel in the mini guide). While I'm reluctant to ask that the settings menus be overloaded with options, this would probably make a good setting that each user could set. 

Regular Contributor

@manamok wrote:

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@manamok wrote:

ComcastKaraT:

Thanks Kara,

i ask because while watching HD programming - my Panasonic Plasma HDTV reports the input resolution as 1080P when I have that resolution selected on the X-1 box.  Before the X-1 offered a 1080P option the TV reported 720P.  The picture looks to be an improvement over 720P - therefore I suspect the x-1 box upscales the output to 1080P.   That's a nice little bonus.

I've confirmed with the product team the X1 box upscales the resolution (does not pass through)

Bronze Problem Solver

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@manamok wrote:

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@manamok wrote:

ComcastKaraT:

Thanks Kara,

I've confirmed with the product team the X1 box upscales the resolution (does not pass through)

Thanks for your help.

Problem Solver

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@C_DM wrote:
I wonder if those who have lost the ability to change the video output resultion (and had it automatically lowered to 720P by default) are all running the February 7, 2013 update, or perhaps another one? You can quickly tell by going to the settings gear icon in the XFINITY main menu, and then going to the last About section (and the last line there should have the update date).

Also, perhaps it's related to particular TVs that are connected to the (updated) X1 boxes? For example, perhaps only 3D-capable televisions, and/or a particular manufacturer, like Samsung, etc.?

C_DM - I have escalated this issue and our team is investigating the cause / resolution. Stay tuned. 

Any update for those of us who seem to be dealing with an issue of being stuck at 720p resolution without a way to change it (due to a missing video output resolution menu in settings), which seems to have appeared after one of the recent updates--at least Feb. 7, and possibly still even after the Mar. 2 as well (which not everyone seems to have received)?

Is there perhaps some sort of an update in the works to address that, or perhaps even a way to go back to a previous update where this issue didn't exist?

Contributor

Re: X1 Optical Audio Glitch

I only use the optical audio output from the X1 - never the speakers in the TV.  The optical output is connected to my JVC receiver. The X1 box is connected to the TV's HDMI1 input for video.  If I change the TV's input to something else, say VGA for my computer, the optical audio from the X1 will drop out momentarily.  If I change TV's input back to the X1 (HDMI1) the optical audio from the X1 will also drop out again.  It appears the X1 has a defect that causes it to drop out the optical audio output while negotiating the HDMI handshake. The optical audio output should have nothing to do with the HDMI output - it should be totally independent and never drop out.  I haven't used the analog audio output of the X1 to see if it also drops out.

Regular Contributor

@C_DM wrote:

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@C_DM wrote:
I wonder if those who have lost the ability to change the video output resultion (and had it automatically lowered to 720P by default) are all running the February 7, 2013 update, or perhaps another one? You can quickly tell by going to the settings gear icon in the XFINITY main menu, and then going to the last About section (and the last line there should have the update date).

Also, perhaps it's related to particular TVs that are connected to the (updated) X1 boxes? For example, perhaps only 3D-capable televisions, and/or a particular manufacturer, like Samsung, etc.?

C_DM - I have escalated this issue and our team is investigating the cause / resolution. Stay tuned. 

Any update for those of us who seem to be dealing with an issue of being stuck at 720p resolution without a way to change it (due to a missing video output resolution menu in settings), which seems to have appeared after one of the recent updates--at least Feb. 7, and possibly still even after the Mar. 2 as well (which not everyone seems to have received)?

Is there perhaps some sort of an update in the works to address that, or perhaps even a way to go back to a previous update where this issue didn't exist?

C_DM - each account has been escalated to our product support team. They believe they have identified the issue and are working to get the fix out to production ASAP. I unfortunately do not have dates/ETA. 

Contributor

I seldom use the guide function on the X1 due to it's extremely slow response time.  Instead I use the computer where I can see 5 hours and 19 channels at a time - large computer monitors are great!  Further the responsiveness of the guide on the computer is very fast.  I've also setup a favorites list so I only see the channels I'm interested in - it's very easy to add or delete channels to the favorite list on the computer unlike on the X1.  I also use the computer to change channel on the X1 - when I find a program in the computer guide I want to see, just select "watch channel" and the X1 changes to that channel.  And lastly, I choose programs to record using the computer, it's much faster and easier than using the X1 - the only issue is that the program has to be at least 30 minutes in the future or you get a message saying it might not be recorded even though it always has been so far.  Fortunately I have a computer as part of my multi-media setup and the computer is always on so it is a good substitute for the channel guide.  I don't understand why the X1 should be so slow and sluggish with the guide unless it's constantly trying to communicate with some server in the cloud which would be a terrible mistake!  I've used both ATT U-Verse and Direct TV DVR boxes and both of them have much faster response time in the guide than the X1.  The VERY OLD non DVR Direct TV box was slow and sluggish like the X1.

As for thoughts on the X1 guide button, I agree that the customer should be able to select in the settings menu whether to display the mini guide or the full guide on the first press of the guide button.  This should be in the same place where you can enable or disable the pop up info which I find annoying so I've turned it off.  I always believe the customer should be able to configure the behavior of devices since only the customer knows what they want to do at any given time and how they expect to accomplish it.

Problem Solver

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@C_DM wrote:

C_DM - each account has been escalated to our product support team. They believe they have identified the issue and are working to get the fix out to production ASAP. I unfortunately do not have dates/ETA. 

That's good to hear, thank you for the update.  Hopefully if anything else becomes known about this fix--maybe whent it will be actually going out, or perhaps how to get it earlier for those who might be affected by the video resultion issue--you could share it with us here (or maybe individually if possible).

Regular Contributor

@santa-clara wrote:

I seldom use the guide function on the X1 due to it's extremely slow response time.  

I don't understand why the X1 should be so slow and sluggish with the guide unless it's constantly trying to communicate with some server in the cloud which would be a terrible mistake!  

For whatever it's worth, I don't typically see the kind of sluggishness with the guide that you seem to be experiencing. It may not be instant to respond to button presses, but the responsiveness is very satisfactory for me most of the time. And I'm fairly picky about this kind of thing. Just another data point... 

Regular Contributor

2 new issues

2 new issues.

1) These boxes clearly are not turning off all the way.  First its obvious by the fan noise and the others that have measured their power draw being the same when on and off.  But I have now come down twice first thing in the morning to an "off" box and turned it on and if I leave on whatever channel is on, I have 1 hour of buffer that I can back up... So I if turn on my TV at 7am, I can literally rewind to 6am. 

This is off a fresh turn on from being off all night.  And the DVR didnt kick on overnight to record anything incase that is a theory.  Its odd but I am more annoyed that it doesnt really turn off.  This things doesnt exactly sip power.

2) I am seeing DVR recordings disappear.  Just tonight, I had at least 2 recordings that vanished.  There are a couple of series I am behind on.  I happened to look the other night to see how much I had to watch and had 7 and 4 espisodes to watch in 2 series since I was going to have some time this weekend.  VERY certain about these numbers.  Tonight I see 6 and 3 episodes.  And sure enough, when I navigate into the episode guide, there is a random middle episode missing in the middle (easy to see when they show season # and episode #). These episode where there on Wednesday night. 

Missing recordings or deleting episodes are not acceptable!

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Optical Audio Glitch

@santa-clara wrote:

I only use the optical audio output from the X1 - never the speakers in the TV.  The optical output is connected to my JVC receiver. The X1 box is connected to the TV's HDMI1 input for video.  If I change the TV's input to something else, say VGA for my computer, the optical audio from the X1 will drop out momentarily.  If I change TV's input back to the X1 (HDMI1) the optical audio from the X1 will also drop out again.  It appears the X1 has a defect that causes it to drop out the optical audio output while negotiating the HDMI handshake. The optical audio output should have nothing to do with the HDMI output - it should be totally independent and never drop out.  I haven't used the analog audio output of the X1 to see if it also drops out.

I have a "supposed to nice" Oppo BD-105 Blu-ray player and maybe it is nice - but, it does the same thing; any HDMI change interrupts (turn TV off when audio only) its output.  Annoys me to no end. Probably a fault of HDMI and over-zealous copy protection enforcement. Older gear I have with older HDMI specs don't seem to have those issues - at least I never have noticed it.

Contributor

Re: 2 new issues

I have lost a few recordings recently as we'll. That is not acceptable.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue on my boxes. One box actually has 20 recordings missing, the other has less than 10.This has happened before but they would come back fairly quickly.

On my 3rd box it shows that its 88% full even though there are only 6 recordings.

Doesn't seem right to have to pay for service when it doesn't work properly. I still have the output resolution problem (which has been going on for at least 2 weeks).

Contributor

Hi! So after I found out about the new X1 boxes being available in my area & I made the switch to Comcast just for the X1! But I do have problems & questions; they are listed below. I made it easy for each question/problem to replyed by putting a subject and numbering each issue/quetion. Hope it made it easy.

X1 DVR & X1 HD Box Problems:

1. Sometimes when I press the "last" button the "recent" box shows up but nothing is shown in the "recent" box. No last 9 channels/programs are displayed.
  2. Sometimes when I turn on the box the UI is all over the place! All glitchy!
  3. If I add a movie to favorites in the on demand section. The 1st or 2nd day it disappears! All of them!
  4. Sometimes the channel guide has the wrong program info.
  5. Sometimes getting info on some programs does not work. Just shows me a film strip box logo on the top left side. That's it. If it did load. It took minutes to pop up. Usually it doesn't load after a couple of minutes of waiting for the info to display.
  6. When an EAS is activated. The channel changed but when changed to the default EAS channel the alert message is low compared to the program it has been changed to. So I can't here what the EAS dispatcher is saying! This is a huge issue!

X1 DVR & X1 HD Box Questions:

1. What's the "data" nameontheboxfor? Williteverlightupforsomething?
  2. Where is the Shazam app that was showcased at the Cable Show last year (2012).
  3. Will there be more apps? YouTube, Twitter, Netflix, & Spotify? Can you name a few upcoming apps in the works or are coming out?
  4. When the box is off does it save power or it's using the same power as if it were on?
  5. When I record from my HD DVR box when will I be able to watch a recorded show on my X1 HD box?
  6. As of right now, what did the latest update for both boxes do? What did it fix, patch, and present?

X1 DVR Box Problems:

1. My recordings are missing (first time happeningnoticed on 3/16/13).
  2. Sometimes channel logos can be stuck on the screen (I can still hear sound). Even after I change the channel or turn of the box the logo is stuckI would need to hard reboot the box.
  3. Some times program cover art does not load on the on demand section.
  4. Can't watch video on the Facebook app even though it says I can.

X1 DVR Box Questions:

1. 6 tunersThey are not activated I knowbut why?! Are their 6 turners currently in my box? Will they be activated via an update in the future or do I need to switch to a new X1 box when Comcast releases it.
  2. When I delete something the percent bar goes down but yet I can restore the video. So how is the video being saved while gaining space even when I deleted it?
  3. When will there be more storage available?! 1TB?

X1 HD Box Problems:

1. Sometimes when I turn the box on I get a grey screen no sound/picture. Always have to hard reboot the box.
  2. Box is very laggy/sluggish! Say I change the channel to 123 on the remote. Well it displays on the box 5 seconds after each number I pressed on the remote.
  3. When switching tabs to e.g. on demand, settings, search etc. It's very laggy. Frames seem to drop and it's not a smooth transition compared to my X1 DVR box which is very smooth.

X1 HD Box Questions:

1. Why is their no Facebook app on the box?
  2. Can the HD box record in the future. It has a record name on the box.

X1 Feature Request:

1. Make the screen saver be able to be displayed while the box is off!
  2. Please make a YouTube, Netflix, & Twitter app.
  3. Add an input button on the remote! Don't like having to use 2 remotes.
  4. Add a reminder option!
  5. Add a day + option!

Thank for your time in reading this. Hope this helps the tech/dev team.

Silver Problem Solver

I belive all those questions are answered in the previous 9 pages of the thread, have you read all those pages before posting your questions?   Some of them cant be answered as the comcast person who posts here mostly just says they will pass on the info.

You should also be aware that, that box is really not ready for the masses it is in only a few markets for exactly the reasons you posted.  It gets software updates regulary based on customer feedback. 

Silver Problem Solver

try unplugging the box to reset it

Contributor

I know, I read at least 4 pages, then started skimming through pages. But yes some of my concerns have been answered some have not. I mostly read only replies from the official Comcast rep after the 4th page but just felt like putting down my issues and questions. The rep does not have to answer problems/questions that have been answered already nor reply to my post at all. But again, I felt like putting my input.

I am aware that the box is new. I do know we're basically beta testing the product, I do know there will be updates, issues, and more.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

what is the best setting for a new tv. 720, 1080i, 1080p 60. I am able to use all three settings.

Silver Problem Solver

the networks do not broadcast in 1080p but you can put in on 1080p so you can get full resolution from a bluray dvd

Bronze Problem Solver

@HD-Tech wrote:

1) These boxes clearly are not turning off all the way.  First its obvious by the fan noise and the others that have measured their power draw being the same when on and off.  But I have now come down twice first thing in the morning to an "off" box and turned it on and if I leave on whatever channel is on, I have 1 hour of buffer that I can back up... So I if turn on my TV at 7am, I can literally rewind to 6am. 

Further evidence that the box does not really shut down is that the audio signal continues to be passed to my receiver when the X-1 is "off."  I think the only thing that happens when you shut the box off is that the "on" light turns off and the video signal stops.