Community Forum

X1 Forum

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

Yes. Mine is not buzzy, but I can hear the fan noise from a semi closed cabinet over five feet away. My concern is that they do a swap and the box ends up being louder. We'll see. 

Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

I have five devices. Including one in the bedroom and sleep like a baby. Listen? I don't hear a thing. Do you?
Regular Contributor

software update - clock now stays on

We had a lot of trouble with our box / service yesterday. When I called support, I was told that Comcast is pushing software updates in my area (Boston metro) so that could be part of the problem, or could cause an interruption later in the day. Well I guess the update was already pushed, because after she walked me through resetting yet again, it works just fine, and now the clock stays on when the box is "off". 

 

FYI, here was the box version info (from the About screen) on the evening of Wed 27 Feb: 

Release version: xappl-XREX.0P9
XRE server version: X.01.14 (build 4112)
XRe protocol version: 1.29.0
Receiver: Native version: 1.1.1
STB version: PX001AN_XC_1.1.1.1.1_PROD_BC_SPCsd
STB timestamp: Wed Dec 05 10:11:47 UTC 2012

 

And here's the version info from the evening of Fri 1 Mar: 

Release ver: (same)
XRE server ver: X.01.14 (build 4122)
XRE protocol ver: 2.8.0
receiver: 1.1.2
STB ver: PX001AN_XC_1.1.2.0.10_PROD_BC_SPCsd
STB timestamp: Thu Feb 07 23:11:24 UTC 2013

 

So far the box feels a bit more responsive. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a big improvement to my experience. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: software update - clock now stays on

Your values match mine except for stb.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Don't have access to New message button. 12 help tickets since 1/1


@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@aguiar0016 wrote:

@pprentice wrote:

Same here...here are my issues (on 3rd box now)

1). DVR can't fast-forward or pause

2). Deleting programs doesn't free up space

3). DVR says 70% full yet I have "no recordings"

4). Channels just so logo & sound, no picture

5). Extremely slow..

 

these are just a few. Sometimes rebooting or pulling plug helps sometimes not. About ready to dump all together. as an FYI my motoroloa is fast and never has 1 problem!



#4 seems to be starting for me since 2-26-13. Before that I wasn't getting that issue. Happening on all channels even when power is unplugged and plugged back in.


All - Please note that I've escalted the "sound/logo, but no picture" issue to our product support team for further investigation. 


The biggest complaint is WHY rollout a product with soooo many bugs / issues. This is my 3rd box and extremely fustrating at the amount of $$ spent to have something not work. Unfortunately this has made me decide to dump comcast all together, thanks to the 'new X1 box'. I supposed if I stayed with the Motoroloa wouldn't have decided. 

New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

BUG REPORT - I changed the channel and all I see is the network logo but can hear the sound.  I tried changing to other channels and it's the same symptom, channel logo only with sound.  

New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

UPDATE - 5 minutes later picture is showing up again Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@thoma wrote:
To add some balance to the forum, we have been using X1 for a month and are very satisfied with X1. Somehow we have manage to live w/o the red recording light and apps missing on non-DVD. X1 is new and has an architecture that will allow for faster updates and deployment. One day it will all be there and will just work.

I generally agree.  We have had a few issues - but we had issues with the old boxes too.  So...


iPhone 11 Pro
Watch Series 4 Blk Stainless
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

AFter having the box replaced, still hearing fan noise. I shoved it to the back of the audio cabinet and activated the RF control, and now I don't focus on it as much. Kind of a 1970's design for cooling though...probably one reason the box uses 30 watts 24/7, whether its actually being watched or not. 

 

Also the install process is lengthy. From the time the service rep installed the box and let it start installing, it took almost 60 minutes to do all its downloads and set up routines. Zikes. Lots of slow installs in comcast's future...especially for households with more than one box. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Forum

Since the new update which has allowed the time to stay on while the x1 box is off, I too have experienced only seeing the channel logo with sound on every channel, occassionally. Overall, the service has been fine. Now, over the last week, I've had to pull the power 4 times.....before last week only a couple times in over a months time. Just sharing....not complaining....still enjoy the new setup over the old. Located in NJ.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

For the first time last night, I saw the Logo but No Sound problem.  I checked the software revision of that DVR box and its the Feb 7th software version.  Software reset was the only way out.


I noticed this morning that my other DVR box was still on the  Dec 5th version.  So I updated that one (software reset).  I hope I dont regret that. The main change I noticed in the new rev is that the clock now stays on when the box is on!  Great update and was totally needed. Still no record light (which I did see work the first day I got it but it was on 100% of the time).

 

I really like the new X1 and overally had a good experience but the issues that are starting to creep up are getting to the point where I am starting to sour on the X1.


Still have noise from the box (both) which I believe to be a combo of fan and hdd noise.  My old moto much less noise.  The noise issue is certainly real.  These boxes are actively cooled, not passively.

Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

Great addition to see the time now on the box even when turned off.  Wish they would also the recording option to extend the time on a manual recording from the guide. Ex. if I'm notice a show that is coming on (not a series) and I go into the options of recording there is no option to extend record time by 1 or 3 minutes more.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

Wow, I just experienced two irritating bugs at once. 

 

The first bug I ran into was when I tried to watch a series I record, in progress. But number one, which I've seen a couple of times, is the DVR won't show a show that is less than 45% recorded. It won't even show it as scheduled, although if you go to the show and try to record it in progress, it will show that it is indeed set up as a series record.

 

OK, no problem. I can wait. So, after 45 minutes into the show, I pull up DVR again. Its there. I try to play it, and I get the only sound and logos bug. Thats right, now it just plays the sound, and has DVR in big letters. If I chance stations, each one just shows the station logos, and sound. Five minutes earlier it was fine, I just finished watching a movie on HBO. 

 

Its fun being a beta tester for comcast. Of course, generally, when I sign up to be a beta tester, I get paid...and my wife is not yelling at me for missing her favorite show. 

 

I'm starting to regret switching from RCN back to comcast. Yes, their internet does not compare, but this X1 box has now reached the stage of being infuriating. 

Regular Contributor

Re: software update - clock now stays on


@ebow wrote:

 

So far the box feels a bit more responsive. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a big improvement to my experience. 


Ha, so much for that. It's back to being buggy tonight. It either didn't record, or isn't showing me the recording of, the Simpons tonight (series recording). And it's apparently not deleting a show that I told it to. And once it refused to pause until many seconds after I pushed the button. Also, got some scraps of text stuck on screen, which only vanished after restarting the box. Lame, Comcast, very lame. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Forum

Just got two X1 Pace boxes Friday (3/1).  Getting some of the same bugs others are getting.  Specifically:

 

1.  I've gotten the Logo and sound only issue - sometimes it goes away, sometimes i have to reset

2.  Recordings don't show up in my Recordings section sometimes (sometimes they do).  Earlier today, everything showed up as soon as they started recording.  Tonight, two recordings at 8:00 showed up at 8:45 and 9:00.  But the recordings at 9:00 and 10:00 never showed up, although the %space on the disk drive did climb during this time from 10% to 12%.  I reset one of my boxes and magically the recordings were there!  I don't understand this at all.  Then I reset the other box - and they did not show up (although the % full had increased).   It seems to be recording the shows (if I go to the channel during the recordings, the whole show is there and I can watch it from that screen - kludgy but it works if I am watching tv then).  But they are not showing up on the DVR->Recordings screen unless I reset the device (some shows do, some don't).  I had set up the recordings on Saturday, and the Priority Manager does show all the shows as having series recordings.  And there were only two being recorded, so it wasn't a conflict with another show.

 

Any help on what I can do?  I am on the 4122 build, dated 2/7/13.  Would calling Comcast help?

 

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Forum

Update - called the X1 tech support.  Both problems are common right now.  Problem 1 (logo) has been happening a lot more lately.  Problem 2 (shows not showing up) was escalated to a level 2 technician - promise is a call back in up to 72 hours.  


@jtg99 wrote:

Just got two X1 Pace boxes Friday (3/1).  Getting some of the same bugs others are getting.  Specifically:

 

1.  I've gotten the Logo and sound only issue - sometimes it goes away, sometimes i have to reset

2.  Recordings don't show up in my Recordings section sometimes (sometimes they do).  Earlier today, everything showed up as soon as they started recording.  Tonight, two recordings at 8:00 showed up at 8:45 and 9:00.  But the recordings at 9:00 and 10:00 never showed up, although the %space on the disk drive did climb during this time from 10% to 12%.  I reset one of my boxes and magically the recordings were there!  I don't understand this at all.  Then I reset the other box - and they did not show up (although the % full had increased).   It seems to be recording the shows (if I go to the channel during the recordings, the whole show is there and I can watch it from that screen - kludgy but it works if I am watching tv then).  But they are not showing up on the DVR->Recordings screen unless I reset the device (some shows do, some don't).  I had set up the recordings on Saturday, and the Priority Manager does show all the shows as having series recordings.  And there were only two being recorded, so it wasn't a conflict with another show.

 

Any help on what I can do?  I am on the 4122 build, dated 2/7/13.  Would calling Comcast help?

 

 


 

New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

My X1 box only works sometimes.  About 25% of the time I can't access my recording.  The biggest issue is that I have sound and no picture.  They are saying it is a network issue, but does anyone else have this issue?

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

I hope your luck is better than mine with call backs.  In my many years with comcast, I have had various needs for call backs with billing and technical (probably nearly 10) and only once did I ever get called back.


@jtg99 wrote:

Update - called the X1 tech support.  Both problems are common right now.  Problem 1 (logo) has been happening a lot more lately.  Problem 2 (shows not showing up) was escalated to a level 2 technician - promise is a call back in up to 72 hours.  


Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Forum

Further Update - Around 1:00 the second box's recordings magically appeared.  The boxes are definitely recording correctly - it's just the DVR->Recordings list doesn't get updated until something magical happens.  What that is, I don't know.  But if this happens to you - DON'T cancel the recording - just wait and it may show up.


@jtg99 wrote:

Update - called the X1 tech support.  Both problems are common right now.  Problem 1 (logo) has been happening a lot more lately.  Problem 2 (shows not showing up) was escalated to a level 2 technician - promise is a call back in up to 72 hours.  


@jtg99 wrote:

Just got two X1 Pace boxes Friday (3/1).  Getting some of the same bugs others are getting.  Specifically:

 

1.  I've gotten the Logo and sound only issue - sometimes it goes away, sometimes i have to reset

2.  Recordings don't show up in my Recordings section sometimes (sometimes they do).  Earlier today, everything showed up as soon as they started recording.  Tonight, two recordings at 8:00 showed up at 8:45 and 9:00.  But the recordings at 9:00 and 10:00 never showed up, although the %space on the disk drive did climb during this time from 10% to 12%.  I reset one of my boxes and magically the recordings were there!  I don't understand this at all.  Then I reset the other box - and they did not show up (although the % full had increased).   It seems to be recording the shows (if I go to the channel during the recordings, the whole show is there and I can watch it from that screen - kludgy but it works if I am watching tv then).  But they are not showing up on the DVR->Recordings screen unless I reset the device (some shows do, some don't).  I had set up the recordings on Saturday, and the Priority Manager does show all the shows as having series recordings.  And there were only two being recorded, so it wasn't a conflict with another show.

 

Any help on what I can do?  I am on the 4122 build, dated 2/7/13.  Would calling Comcast help?

 

 


 




Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@Spawnies wrote:

Does anyone have any info on when the Howard County MD area will recieve the x1 update?


X1 Availability: Unfortunately, I do not have any information regarding X1 deployment. To determine if you are eligible, I suggest you call 1-800-XFINITY to verify if/when X1 will be available in your area.  


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@egeek84 wrote:

UPDATE - 5 minutes later picture is showing up again Smiley Happy


thanks for the update, egeek84. Keep us posted if you should encounter any other issues. 

 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@galalala wrote:

My X1 box only works sometimes.  About 25% of the time I can't access my recording.  The biggest issue is that I have sound and no picture.  They are saying it is a network issue, but does anyone else have this issue?


galalala - I am sorry you are having issues with accessing your DVR recordings. I will send you a PM to gather more information so that we can try to resolve your issues as soon as possible. 

 

The sound/no picture issue was escalated through out the organization. We hope to have a resolution shortly. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

I'm having similar issues. Can you send me a PM also Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@aguiar0016 wrote:

Great addition to see the time now on the box even when turned off.  Wish they would also the recording option to extend the time on a manual recording from the guide. Ex. if I'm notice a show that is coming on (not a series) and I go into the options of recording there is no option to extend record time by 1 or 3 minutes more.


Aguiar0016 - great feedback on manual recording options (extending by XX minutes). I've shared that with the DVR Product Manager. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Forum

Same here, very frustrating experience with the X1 box so far.  The sound/no picture issue has happened a few times and caused us to miss half of the Top Chef finale last week, and the DVR is not recording many of the things it should be. 

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@PatrickJC wrote:

Same here, very frustrating experience with the X1 box so far.  The sound/no picture issue has happened a few times and caused us to miss half of the Top Chef finale last week, and the DVR is not recording many of the things it should be. 


PatrickJC - I am sending you a PM to gather more info to trouble shoot your DVR issues. Thanks


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

Is there any way to set a recording by start and stop time with the X1?  The local government channel is not broken down into individual shows, so I have to record 24 hours at a time.  Am I missing something?

New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

I too am having the same issues: 

 

1. Recordings dont show up until 30-45 minutes after they have started.

2. tv is frequently just showing the channel logo with sound instead of the picture.

3. tv is showing "DVR" when trying to play a recorded video

4. sometimes recordings dont record when they should even though there is no conflict

 

I've rebooted using the reboot option several times. I also tried to "send a refresh signal" to my box and I've unplugged the box. 

The box was a nightmare at first - this is my third box but has mostly worked great since getting this box. I noticed last week the box would no longer turn off via the remote. Not sure if this is another bug or if it is by design.

 

Any solutiions would be welcome, I've tried calling in to Comcast but the hold times are ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

Bad juju tonight - neither box is responsive - get audio with channel "logo" or nothing at all when playing a recording - stuck with big white DVR on screen.

 

New software?  I like the old version without the clock, but with TV, better then.


iPhone 11 Pro
Watch Series 4 Blk Stainless
New Poster

Re: X1 TV Interface's Missing Features

Just got hooked up with x1 and love it! But I already miss the zoom capability button with old remote on bottom right. Also requesting a frame by frame Dvr capability also used with prior remote. Comcast please!?!
New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

I am experiencing the same issues as everyone here.  I'd had the X1 boxes for about a month now and had nothing but problems.  I tried calling Comcast the other night and got hungup/disconnected 3 times when asking for a supervisor.  One rep said they know nothing about the X1 platform and couldn't help.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  How can an "upgrade" be rolled out with this many bugs?  My issues are:

 

  • Logo only showing with sound
  • DVR doesn't free up space even though I delete several shows.
  • When recording a show it doesn't show up in recordings so I can watch it.
  • The box freezes up so remote doesn't work.  Need to reset the box.
  • Cannot turn the box off (not sure if that's normal)
  • The menu bleeds through the picture sometimes.  It seems my HD signal is not as sharp.
  • My HD only box is extremely slow when accessing the menu and routinely freezes.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

To add another input on the fan noise on these DVR boxes.  Those of you with smartphones can download free decibel measuring apps.  I got decibel 10th (iphone).  It was free.

 

Anyway.  I measured both of my DVR boxes with the phone sitting right in front of it.  I measured with the box on and box off.  In all cases I was hitting 50-52dB. I also noticed unmistakable hard drive "crunching" noise being up close.  Not a bad or worrisome sound at all.  The problem with that is that this was when the box is supposedly off!  That is one of my complaints as I know I can hear the low level humm of the fan in my bedroom at night. 

 

For a comparison, I went into another room in the house with nobody nearby at all (ie dead silent) and I was in the 36-37dB range.

 

I would be curious at to what others would see by doing the same thing, particularly those that claim its slient. Its not exactly scientific but still gives a feel for what everyone else is seeing.

New Poster

Re: X1 Forum

My X1 box is exhibiting the same rest and sound issues as the others. This is frustrating to me, but even more frustrating that my wife is missing her shows and taking out on our TV time.

* can't see if I recorded a show midstream
* does not let me forward a show in play, or through DVR
* logo screen with sound
* randomly I have captions on all channels and commercials now
* resetting the box took 45 full minutes !! Who has that sort of time now?! Note: unplugging the machine still played sound to my speakers - freaky

I have never typically had any issues with Comcast, but these new boxes are a big tease. They look cool and offer a nice front end, but the experience is making me see red!!
New Poster

X1 DVR Failure

My new X1 box has not worked properly since it was installed.

1. When I change channels, at times, the logo screen comes up for the channel that I've tuned to and I can hear the audio, but I cannot see the picture. Just the logo screen. It will stay that way for a half hour or more.

2. Two weeks ago, the box deleted all of the programming recorded for that week.

3. At least one of the programs that I've selected to record, does not ever record—no, there is no conflicting program.

4. When I want to watch recorded programs, the screen that says DVR shows, but the program doesn't start. When I exit, and try again, the recording plays, but the picture is covered by the screen that says DVR.

5. For a full week, my DVR listings were "temporarily unavailable," though Xfinity's phone support says there were no known problems.

6. Periodically, the remote stops working. The light on the box that indicates that the device is receiving single from the remote flashes, but the box does not respond to any commands.

7. When I delete programs from my DVR, the percentage number indicating how full my DVR is goes up. (I got back from a long weekend and had 54 recordings and was 91% full. I deleted the recordings that I did not want and deleted them from the deleted menu and now my DVR is at 31 recordings and 96% full.)

8. Recordings are frequently mislabeled.

That's about all I can remember for now. I feel like that if Xfinity wants to use me and others as a beta tester, we should get some sort of compensation for the lack of service that we pay for.

I have been on the phone with them seven times and in chat with them three times. All they ever have me do is restart the box or unplug the box. Nothing has worked to fix the problem.
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 DVR Failure

Lol! Exact same issues here with these added problems

 

1) Dvr says it is recording programs but really isn't

 

2) Shows mysteriously appear in my Dvr cue many hrs after the show was recorded

 

3) Screen Saver randomly starts in the middle of shows

 

I've also called customer service 4 times. After reset and unplugging the device with no solution, they "escalated" my complaints. They said a "tech 2" would call me within 24 hrs. That was 4 days ago. Escalated me to the bottom of their list would have been more truthful. Customer service is completely incompetent at comcast

New Poster

Re: X1 DVR Failure

I am having the same problems. I just switched to xfinity from DirecTV and am a little peeved at these issues. I haven't bothered to call tech support yet because it has been sporadic but my wife is getting seriously peeved since we are paying more and getting less seemingly. 

Turn the box on and I get a black screen, or the channel logo, with sound, but no picture. Or when trying to watch the DVR I get the "DVR" logo but no picture. WTH Comcast?? 

Anyone on here have any ideas as how to fix this or why it's going on??

Regular Contributor

concerns

from reading these posts there are many concerns, HARD DRIVE SPACE, TUNERS, DEPLOYMENT, INDICATOR LIGHT WHEN RECORDING, SHUTTING OFF, NOT RECORDNG in some cases the Volume,plus more !!! is any of these concerns being discussed any solutions I have said before XFINITY / COMCAST is falling behind big time the compettion has larger hard drive, more recording options, better interface, lets go COMCAST!!! your slogan  XFINITY the future of awesome at the moment I would disagree big time!!! I also said before scratch the apps their is too many streamimg devices  that can handle apps( gaming systems, blue ray players, roku, boxee, tv's ) I would concentrate on hard drive space, recording options(everything that works no need to list every thing, at least four programs to record at the same time etc) and deployment!!!!

 

ANSWERS ANSWERS ANSWERS ANSWERS

 

I heard about the x1 almost three years ago I KNOW THAT WE DESERVE ANSWERS!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@johnfpc wrote:

I too am having the same issues: 

 

1. Recordings dont show up until 30-45 minutes after they have started.

2. tv is frequently just showing the channel logo with sound instead of the picture.

3. tv is showing "DVR" when trying to play a recorded video

4. sometimes recordings dont record when they should even though there is no conflict

 

I've rebooted using the reboot option several times. I also tried to "send a refresh signal" to my box and I've unplugged the box. 

The box was a nightmare at first - this is my third box but has mostly worked great since getting this box. I noticed last week the box would no longer turn off via the remote. Not sure if this is another bug or if it is by design.

 

Any solutiions would be welcome, I've tried calling in to Comcast but the hold times are ridiculous.


thanks for your feedback, johnfpc. I am sorry you are running into these issues. I am investigating issue #1 (DVR latency) - I hope to have a response back soon

 

all the other comments are known issues and we are trying to resolve them ASAP. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@screenname137 wrote:

Bad juju tonight - neither box is responsive - get audio with channel "logo" or nothing at all when playing a recording - stuck with big white DVR on screen.

 

New software?  I like the old version without the clock, but with TV, better then.


Sound/No picture - known issue the past few days. we are trying to get a fix out there as soon as possible. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 DVR Failure


@bbelew wrote:
My new X1 box has not worked properly since it was installed.

1. When I change channels, at times, the logo screen comes up for the channel that I've tuned to and I can hear the audio, but I cannot see the picture. Just the logo screen. It will stay that way for a half hour or more.

2. Two weeks ago, the box deleted all of the programming recorded for that week.

3. At least one of the programs that I've selected to record, does not ever record—no, there is no conflicting program.

4. When I want to watch recorded programs, the screen that says DVR shows, but the program doesn't start. When I exit, and try again, the recording plays, but the picture is covered by the screen that says DVR.

5. For a full week, my DVR listings were "temporarily unavailable," though Xfinity's phone support says there were no known problems.

6. Periodically, the remote stops working. The light on the box that indicates that the device is receiving single from the remote flashes, but the box does not respond to any commands.

7. When I delete programs from my DVR, the percentage number indicating how full my DVR is goes up. (I got back from a long weekend and had 54 recordings and was 91% full. I deleted the recordings that I did not want and deleted them from the deleted menu and now my DVR is at 31 recordings and 96% full.)

8. Recordings are frequently mislabeled.

That's about all I can remember for now. I feel like that if Xfinity wants to use me and others as a beta tester, we should get some sort of compensation for the lack of service that we pay for.

I have been on the phone with them seven times and in chat with them three times. All they ever have me do is restart the box or unplug the box. Nothing has worked to fix the problem.

bblew - I am sorry you are having so many issues with your DVR. I am going to send you PM to collect information regarding #3 and #8. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

WORST BOX EVER

My X1 box continually goes out in the bedroom, have to reset at least once a day (this is the 2nd box same result). DVR in living room constantly looses picture and only has logo of channel I am currrently on instead of picture...worst ever (i have top of the line equipment and NEVER had a problem with Direct TV)> Guess whats next Comcast....DIRECTTV!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Re: X1 DVR Failure

I'd like to know why this service was rolled out before it was ready.  Its incomprehensible that a company like Comcast/Xfinity would release this.  What kind of Quality assurance testing was done?   What is Comcast going to do for customers that are paying the price for moving to their New technology?  Customer service is a joke.  They offer no help at all and one person I spoke to said her and her supervisor knew nothing of X1 and couldn't help.  I was then hung up on.  I pay $200 a month for this??  I'd like to get a response and some action taken.

New Poster

Re: WORST BOX EVER

I am paying for Starz & Encore, but have not had channels for past 10 days.  Talked to your call center,

but they are a complete waste of time.  I disconnected box for 30 mnutes and reconnected, but that did

nothing.  Your call center re sent signal and that did not work.  Tried to set up app't with your repair

service, but call center would not do that and said that I would have to phone back.  When I phone the wait is up to 1/2 hour.  I told the call center that I needed a new box, but am a senior citizen (82) and could not connect it.  This happened about six months ago and I called your call center.  Tried to set app't for someone to come out with them. They gave me a time and date but No one showed.  However a new converter box showed up on my doorstep.  It is still in the box.

 

I wonder if I call AT&T or Direct TV do you think someone will come out and fix my problem?????

 

Six months ago, your call center charged me for the converter box that is still in the box it came in.  I will

be checking with other carriers as your service really sucks.....

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

My issues below....some still outstanding now for almost 4 months.

 

1.) DVR conflicts not showing in the scheduled section of the DVR.  Having to consistently scroll through the guide every night is getting really old.

2.) No skip forward by a day within the guide.

3.) Not being able to use the page up and page down buttons within the priority schedule while having a series highlighted.

4.) Like others...seems like primetime....can only see a logo of the channel with sound and have to reset my box to watch TV.  Not sure what would happen if I just left it and what the DVR recordings would look like.

5.) Only one set of favorites.

6.) When setting up a DVR series recording by searching for the show, it only gives you the option of recording it on all stations...not a specific station.

7.) No option of manual recording...like another that has posted...my local community channel is only seperated by days, so if I would like to record a meeting playing at 7PM one night...I have to record 24 hours.

8.) The iphone app only seems to work on occassion to set DVR recordings.

9.) When finding something within the guide to record that is either setup as series or a previous recording...it does not warn you that something will not record.  Example: I have 2 series set to record both at 8PM....but I then find another show I want to give a shot and record once...I set that show up to record...and it doesn't record the one lower on the priority list....but it doesn't warn you when you do this.  However...you do receive a warning when you try to do the same thing when you have 2 manual recordings already scheduled outside of series.

10.) When trying to clean up my scheduled DVR or record a show at a later time due to a conflict, the box will sometimes lag so bad that the confirmation of changes will not even display until 5 minutes later and sometimes not even process.

11.) The constant pop up that I have over 80% of my DVR fulll is annoying...it should be once at 80 and once at 90 and it should give me the option to acknowledge the warning and it just go away.

 

At the end of the day, I feel the same frustrations as others on this board and as much help Kara has been...

what is really being done about it?

why are we having to be guinea pigs here?

we are paying for a service that we are not receiving on a consistent basis.

 

to me this is pretty much starting to become a Better Business Bureau issue to me and am completely fed up.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

I had a new issue pop up tonight.  It might be related to the logo only problem.  In case it does, I hope this actually gets passed back to the engineering team.  If not, add it to the list of problems with this buggy Feb 7th revision of the software.

...

 

There was a hockey game on I wanted to watch tonight but once I realized I wouldnt be home from work in time, I use the Xfinity app to setup up a recording on my living room DVR.  When I got home, I tuned to that channel (nothing else recording) and all I get is the logo, no sound.  I changed to every other channel more or less and everything worked fine.  I even went the SD version of the channel and could view the game fine.  I went to my other DVR and could watch the game with no issue on the channel in question.

 

Instead of getting mad at the box and just soft reseting it or unplugging it, I let it go and watched in dreadful SD.  I kept checking the HD channel every few minutes to see if it would finally tune in.  No such luck.  However, the minute the recording time window stopped, I could tune in to the channel (I checked at 8:29 and couldnt tune in and at 8:31 I could and the recording stopped at 8:30).

 

Ironically, I see nothing in my DVR now from that recording but I suspect its there and will show up eventually or after the next soft/hard boot.  Similar problems have been reported

 

The only other thing that I noticed (might be a coincindence) was a video and audio were out of sync on a couple of channels during this time when I couldnt access the game.  Seemed to go away but to be honest I didnt check enough to know if this was really intertwined with all this.

 

I have to say I wish I had the previous software build from Dec.  The only issue I had with that from a technical point of view was the occasional slow response.  This new Feb build is riddled with issues.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

I'm betting that the random nature of the logo but no sound, as well as the recording but not showing the recorded show issue is what is causing the slowness in rolling out the fix. I have not experienced the former since Sunday, and have not tried watch while recording since Sunday either.

 

It does seem rather wild that such buggy software was released. Its great that comcast has such great internet and phone service, but being able to watch TV is still its core value proposition. It should not be such a struggle...or any struggle at all. 

 

Can we get an ETA for when things are likely to be fixed?

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@acheck981 wrote:

 

7.) No option of manual recording...like another that has posted...my local community channel is only seperated by days, so if I would like to record a meeting playing at 7PM one night...I have to record 24 hours.

 


acheck981 - While in the grid guide, scroll left to the channels logo -> Hit Info. You will see a Record button with a variety of recording options, including specific start / end times. 

 

Please let me know if this isnt the functionality you were referring to in your post. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Forum


@Suthcon65 wrote:

Is there any way to set a recording by start and stop time with the X1?  The local government channel is not broken down into individual shows, so I have to record 24 hours at a time.  Am I missing something?


Suthcon65 - While in the grid guide, scroll left to the channels logo -> Hit Info. You will see a Record button with a variety of recording options, including specific start / end times. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Forum

So there was a new software build on Feb 7th?  Comcast, was this tested at all before being released?  Is there a way to back out of this?  I was wondering why this had been working fine since the Fall and only now was observing these constant problems.

 

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 Forum


@HD-Tech wrote:

I had a new issue pop up tonight.  It might be related to the logo only problem.  In case it does, I hope this actually gets passed back to the engineering team.  If not, add it to the list of problems with this buggy Feb 7th revision of the software.

...

 

There was a hockey game on I wanted to watch tonight but once I realized I wouldnt be home from work in time, I use the Xfinity app to setup up a recording on my living room DVR.  When I got home, I tuned to that channel (nothing else recording) and all I get is the logo, no sound.  I changed to every other channel more or less and everything worked fine.  I even went the SD version of the channel and could view the game fine.  I went to my other DVR and could watch the game with no issue on the channel in question.

 

....


I had the exact same problem yesterday (on two different X1 boxes).  The HD version (TBS) was the only screen with the Logo/Sound issue (other channels were fine) and although the guide said it was recording, it was not.  I switched to the SD version and was able to watch it there.  It allowed me to record the SD version.  I had to "cancel" the HD version to do this (there was another recording going on that worked fine (FX)).  Once I "cancelled" the HD version - I could see the HD version.  The box was very unresponsive during this time, though - often ignoring the EXIT button.  Once I stopped the HD version, everything was working fine again.