Community Forum

X1 Forum

Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Forum

Why am I not able to record programs from my XFinity TV app on my smartphone?  My old cableboxes could.  You would think with the upgraded X1 box that would be common.

Valued Contributor

Yup DVR Manager isn't available on the X1 currently, from what I've gathered. I agree that it's silly that in terms of going from the iGuide to the X1 that it comes off as a downgrade when it should be an upgrade.

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 equipment

@MikeWolf wrote:

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@MikeWolf wrote:

I still don't know how these boxes handle an emergency alert message, or what it looks like. People keep asking me.

EAS messages (weekly & monthly tests; actual EAS messages) are currently handled in the same manner as native boxes.

which is in what manner? I've seen several different different ways.

Sorry, Mike! Depending on sevarity of the EAS message, we either

a) force tune to a channel to display the video/audio message (reserved for critical messages)

b) For all other EAS message, we display the text scroll on the bottom of the screen (blue scroll, white font). The EAS message starts and ends with the 'alert chirps'

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

so just an FYI, my bug where if the x1 is set to 5 and 5 on brightness settings would cause the box to reset to 2 and 2 is just that, a bug.  I decided to switch the numbers to 6 and 6 and the lights have remained that way for 2 weeks now so im happy to hear that the problem is solved.

So again, if you switch your device light and clock light to 5 and 5, about a day later you will find that the box has mysteriously changed it to 2 and 2.

I'm hoping this bug is eventually fixed though but in the meantime, i'm ok with using 6 and 6 since they aren't too bright.

Regular Contributor

ComcastKaraT,

One of our two X1 boxes reboots itself every few days - for no obvious reason.  The other box - that probably gets more use - is fine.

Do you think we have a bad box that should be swapped out or...?

Thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro
Watch Series 4 Blk Stainless
Regular Contributor

Mike-

I can set recordings on my X1 DVR via the app - works perfectly.

@MikeWolf wrote:

Yup DVR Manager isn't available on the X1 currently, from what I've gathered. I agree that it's silly that in terms of going from the iGuide to the X1 that it comes off as a downgrade when it should be an upgrade.

Regular Contributor

@egeek84 wrote:

so just an FYI, my bug where if the x1 is set to 5 and 5 on brightness settings would cause the box to reset to 2 and 2 is just that, a bug.  I decided to switch the numbers to 6 and 6 and the lights have remained that way for 2 weeks now so im happy to hear that the problem is solved.

So again, if you switch your device light and clock light to 5 and 5, about a day later you will find that the box has mysteriously changed it to 2 and 2.

I'm hoping this bug is eventually fixed though but in the meantime, i'm ok with using 6 and 6 since they aren't too bright.

Egeek-

I've noticed the same thing on my box - the brightness reverted to 2...LOL.

Frequent Visitor

NEW PROBLEM!

Our cable box (NOT DVR) just stopped working and is loading.  the TV screen has the xfinity logo with loading under it with the 3 red dots under that and flashing.  On the box the green remote signal and the yellow icons are flashing.  I tried to repair the remote and that did not work.

Regular Contributor

@URBANSKID wrote:

Why am I not able to record programs from my XFinity TV app on my smartphone?  My old cableboxes could.  You would think with the upgraded X1 box that would be common.

URBANSKID - thank you for your email. You can use the XFINITY TV Remote app with the X1 platform. 

There is no difference for x1 vs any other stb. When you login all the boxes on your account will be listed and the names will be displayed on the box.

If you have any issues, please let us know. 

Regular Contributor

@PSUMattDE wrote:

Mike-

I can set recordings on my X1 DVR via the app - works perfectly.

@MikeWolf wrote:

You're correct PSUMATTDE - You can use the XFINITY TV Remote app with the X1 platform. 

There is no difference for x1 vs any other stb. When you login all the boxes on your account will be listed and the names will be displayed on the box.

Regular Contributor

@URBANSKID wrote:

FYI:

Valued Contributor

Interesting the RNG Cisco and Motorola's arent listed on the Eligible Set Top Boxes list as of this posting.

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 equipment

Interesting, so it's a blue background with white text scroll. On the Cisco/SA markets on the iGuide, it's a red background with white text that cycles on the top of the screen. Not sure about Motorola areas.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thesalzereeffect, I'm also in NH and just ran into the same problem. My DVR was showing 85% full, but there were no recordings. It kept giving me the message to delete recordings, but it wasn't showing them. No matter how many times I unplugged it.
Here is how I finally "fixed" it. I used the xfinity remote app on my iPhone. The recordings did show up on that. I "deleted" them all and they showed up in the deleted section on the DVR. Once I deleted almost everything, it finally went back to normal. The way I watched my shows was to restore each show in the deleted folder when I wanted to watch it.
I'm hoping this is a bug that will be fixed. Hopefully, when we get cloud service, it won't even be an issue.
Good luck!
New Poster

Problems with X1 platform

Problem 1:  I often get a delay as long as 30 seconds when i hit the FF button, RW button, Pause button, etc.  Problem is I don't know if I hit the button and hit a 2nd or 3rd time, then all of a sudden all button presses are recognized and I am in 4x FF, etc.  then try finding where I was once in Play mode...  very aggravating.

Problem 2: I hit Record on an active show, then go to another channel to watch that.  I then go to DVR & Recordings and the show I set to record doesn't appear in the listing???  I go back to that channel being recorded and it does show the Red Dot implying it is being recorded.  Why doesn't it show in my current Recordings?

Problem 3: I find that recording Playbacks sporadically have an irritating jumpiness, not a smooth play back.  It is almost as though I have it in FF mode.  This does not occur all the time, but when it does it is quite aggravating.

I had a tech call and replaced the X1-DVR but still have the same problems.  Is this a product of having a processor that is too slow for managing the software?

Regular Contributor

@Nhgrrrl wrote:
Thesalzereeffect, I'm also in NH and just ran into the same problem. My DVR was showing 85% full, but there were no recordings. It kept giving me the message to delete recordings, but it wasn't showing them. No matter how many times I unplugged it.
Here is how I finally "fixed" it. I used the xfinity remote app on my iPhone. The recordings did show up on that. I "deleted" them all and they showed up in the deleted section on the DVR. Once I deleted almost everything, it finally went back to normal. The way I watched my shows was to restore each show in the deleted folder when I wanted to watch it.
I'm hoping this is a bug that will be fixed. Hopefully, when we get cloud service, it won't even be an issue.
Good luck!

I'm now having the same issue.  While I don't mind following the above steps...this is beyond ridiculous....we continue to hear updates are coming....and we continue to have the same issues 6 months after originally presented.

Frequent Visitor

X1 Platform - at least 12 help tickets since 1/1/2013

We were talked into the X1 platform and had it installed in late December.  Since then there have been nothing but problems with the system.  We have had more than 12 tickets opened, numerous techs to the house and 4 different "escalations" to network engineers who seem to want to jump to conclusions without listening to the other steps we have gone through.  We have two HD DVR boxes and one HD box.  The majority of the issues have been with the regular HD box.  This box will only work for a day or less before it has to be rebooted to get it to work.  The lines have been checked repeatedly by many techs and we have moved the box from room to room with the same results.  Additionally, we have exchanged boxes at least three times with the same result.

To say the least I am more than frustrated at being what essentially beta tester that has to pay for the fun and experience of a product that was obviously not tested correctly.

I will say that I have been happy with the attitude of the many call center staff I have spoken too (one of which I have spoken to multiple times) but the talk has been just that....talk.  The proof of whether Comcast is a stand up company is in the results of which I have seen none.

I have reached the point where I must contact someone else but cannot find any way to reach someone besides the call center. 

This is a last hope that my problems reach someone that can actually do something besides follow a script and continue to repeat the same steps that have repeatedly not worked. 

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Code Updates on X1 Boxes

Kara-

I've noticed multiple builds on my X1 boxes over the past week. 1 last Wednesday, and another one this morning (caught my boxes rebooting).

Based on the info in the About tab, there have been XRE build updates as well as some on the STB side.

Are you able to comment as to what features or fixes were addressed in these builds?

On the other hand - VERY exciting to see the Prod Mgmt team addressing things on a regular basis.

Regular Contributor

@screenname137 wrote:

@CCKaraT8,

One of our two X1 boxes reboots itself every few days - for no obvious reason.  The other box - that probably gets more use - is fine.

Thanks.

Screenname137 - All boxes reboot themselves. But the reboot should be happening in the off hours of the night – and won't happen if there is activity on the box – like a recording.  

Do you notice if this happens during the day – or in the middle of activity (i.e. DVR recording)?

Frequent Visitor

I am noticing that not all questions are being answered by Comcast.  Is there a reason for this?  I asked one about a week ago regarding DVR troubles (unresponsive remote, DVR not showing a picture only showing the station logo on a gray screen) and still the question has not been addressed.  What is the purpose of having a dedicated forum moderator, from Comcast, if custom queries are going to go unanswered?  Just look at page six of this topic...there are direct questions that have been overlooked/ignored that could benefit many of us.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Mutli-room X1 DVR

Any answer to this question?   Mutli-room X1 DVR

I have a any room DVR set up with 3 remote terminals on one DVR.  Any chance I could have my question answered? Ha!

Mutli-room X1 DVR 

If I add three X1 boxes replacing my Anyroom DVR service, can I play my rocordings on X1 from any X1 box I have in my home?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 Platform - at least 12 help tickets since 1/1/2013

Did you see that there is a dedicated thread to x1 here.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-Forum/td-p/1557105

Go there and post your issues someone from comcast monitors it.

The call center knows little about the x1 as its new, and like you said you are a beta tester.  Go to the thread and read all about it.  I am staying away from x1 until they get it working, theres a reason its not in all the big cities yet.

Frequent Visitor

I had Any Room DVR with the old Motorola boxes.

When Comcast installed the new X1 DVR in our living room they installed two smaller X1 boxes in our other rooms. They did not explain that I no longer had any room DVR.

In order to have DVR access with the new X1 system you need X1 DVR boxes in each room. They had to come back and replace the smaller boxes with two more X1 DVR boxes - which come with increased rental fees of course.

This is a giant pain since you need to keep track of recordings made in each room. Not to metion the extra steps needed to delete a recorded program with the new system. 

I'm still hoping they get Any Room DVR available with the new X! system but I'm not holding my breath.

Regular Contributor

@dano0o wrote:
Any answer to this question?   Mutli-room X1 DVR

I have a any room DVR set up with 3 remote terminals on one DVR.  Any chance I could have my question answered? Ha!

Mutli-room X1 DVR 

If I add three X1 boxes replacing my Anyroom DVR service, can I play my rocordings on X1 from any X1 box I have in my home?

On 02-19-2013 (back on page 5), ComcastKaraT responded to your question. She used the quote feature so that your question was tied to her response. 

Frequent Visitor

Let's keep this forum as useful as possible for everyone.

My sentiments to ebow. This question of multi-room X1DVR has seen far too many posts. It shouldn't have to be repeated until new information is available.

It would be great if this forum wasn't overun by the same questions answered over

and over. Hopefully we can all help each other by first knowing what has come before.

New questions for Comcast (thank you ComcastKaraT) and helpful NEW ideas should be the only posts.

It is also helpful, as on old tech support guy myself, if you describe as much as possible what the problem is - and with what feature or hardware device.

Otherwise this forum will get unwieldy and be useful to no one.

Regular Contributor

@golfgreg74 wrote:

I am noticing that not all questions are being answered by Comcast.  Is there a reason for this?  I asked one about a week ago regarding DVR troubles (unresponsive remote, DVR not showing a picture only showing the station logo on a gray screen) and still the question has not been addressed.  What is the purpose of having a dedicated forum moderator, from Comcast, if custom queries are going to go unanswered?  Just look at page six of this topic...there are direct questions that have been overlooked/ignored that could benefit many of us.

apologies for the oversight, golfgreg74. I am trying to answer all the posts in a timely fashion and escalate them as needed.

re: your DVR issues - if you continue to have issues (after unplugging box), please feel free to PM me your phone number/account number. We can have the support team try to resolve this for you

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@screenname137 wrote:

@CCKaraT8,

Thanks.

Screenname137 - All boxes reboot themselves. But the reboot should be happening in the off hours of the night – and won't happen if there is activity on the box – like a recording.  

Do you notice if this happens during the day – or in the middle of activity (i.e. DVR recording)?

It was happening during watching the box between 9p and 10p most times that I noticed it.  We had the box swapped out today for a new one.  As I mentioned, our other X1 box has never done this.  Hopefull this new one behaves better.

Thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro
Frequent Visitor

Don't have access to New message button. 12 help tickets since 1/1

We were talked into the X1 platform and had it installed in late December.  Since then there have been nothing but problems with the system.  We have had more than 12 tickets opened, numerous techs to the house and 4 different "escalations" to network engineers who seem to want to jump to conclusions without listening to the other steps we have gone through.  We have two HD DVR boxes and one HD box.  The majority of the issues have been with the regular HD box.  This box will only work for a day or less before it has to be rebooted to get it to work.  The lines have been checked repeatedly by many techs and we have moved the box from room to room with the same results.  Additionally, we have exchanged boxes at least three times with the same result.

To say the least I am more than frustrated at being what essentially beta tester that has to pay for the fun and experience of a product that was obviously not tested correctly.

I will say that I have been happy with the attitude of the many call center staff I have spoken too (one of which I have spoken to multiple times) but the talk has been just that....talk.  The proof of whether Comcast is a stand up company is in the results of which I have seen none.

I have reached the point where I must contact someone else but cannot find any way to reach someone besides the call center. 

This is a last hope that my problems reach someone that can actually do something besides follow a script and continue to repeat the same steps that have repeatedly not worked. 

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Missing FX channel 843 (HD).  Since...well, we had it last Tuesday I'm pretty sure.  Not there now on either DVR Guide nor accessible by entering "843".

43 FX (SD) is still there.  Not sure if this is an X1 issue or some local (Atlanta/Dekalb Co.) programming issue?

Shows up in the on-line guide, just not on the DVR - and not in the DVR seach results for FX series.  Strangely, FX HD is available OnDemand.

iPhone 11 Pro
Regular Contributor

@screenname137 wrote:

Missing FX channel 843 (HD).  Since...well, we had it last Tuesday I'm pretty sure.  Not there now on either DVR Guide nor accessible by entering "843".

43 FX (SD) is still there.  Not sure if this is an X1 issue or some local (Atlanta/Dekalb Co.) programming issue?

Shows up in the on-line guide, just not on the DVR - and not in the DVR seach results for FX series.  Strangely, FX HD is available OnDemand.

I sent you a PM, screenname137. I need some info in order to investigate/escalate issue. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Don't have access to New message button. 12 help tickets since 1/1

@maxxdublin wrote:

Thanks

Maxxdublin - I am very sorry you have had so many issues with your X1 boxes. I am going to send you a PM to gather some information. In the interum, please feel free to use this forum or PM me if any other issues come up. 

Regular Contributor

It was happening during watching the box between 9p and 10p most times that I noticed it.  We had the box swapped out today for a new one.  As I mentioned, our other X1 box has never done this.  Hopefull this new one behaves better.

Thanks.

OK - please keep me posted (via PM) if you continue to see the issue on the new box. 

Frequent Visitor

Same here...here are my issues (on 3rd box now)

1). DVR can't fast-forward or pause

2). Deleting programs doesn't free up space

3). DVR says 70% full yet I have "no recordings"

4). Channels just so logo & sound, no picture

5). Extremely slow..

these are just a few. Sometimes rebooting or pulling plug helps somtimes not. About ready to dump all together. as an FYI my motoroloa is fast and never has 1 problem!

Regular Contributor

Re: Kudos and Complaints about the X1 box.

Sorry its taken me so long to reply to your questons. Apparently, when I chose not to receive email alerts from your site it had the effect of "banning" me from this forum. Nice bug. you should have the site administrator work on that one.

In terms of the last 9 disappearing, I'm seeing that several times a week. It self corrects randomly, but is really irritating. That combined with not haveing an easy to access favorites feature really needs to be looked at.

Glad to hear you are looking at the energy consumption and the lack of input key on the remote.

I have someone coming to check my box on Saturday to see if the constant fan noise is a feature or something wrong with the box itself. I suspect the former since I've seen lots of chit chat by others that they hear a lot of fan noise too, but tech support, and several others online, claim there should be no fan noise.

Regular Contributor

logos instead of live TV or recorded shows

I'm having the same problem as what pprentice wrote above, item #4: 

@pprentice wrote:

I turn the TV and X1 box on and press the Xfinity button to access the DVR. When I pick a show and click "watch on DVR" I get the DVR logo (just the letters "DVR") full screen, with no video from the recorded show. The audio *does* play. I cannot use play/pause or other DVR controls, but I can exit back to the list of recorded shows. As I exit back to the list, I see a brief glimpse of the recorded show. 

Then if I exit out of the DVR listing, instead of live TV I see the station's logo / graphic. Again, I can hear the show, but there's no video. If I change channels, I just see the new channel's logo. 

Even more odd, if I press the numbers for a standard def channel (e.g., 02) and try to go there, it automatically takes me to the HD equivalent (e.g., 802) like it's supposed to, and in this case I can both see the video and hear the audio. Controls like play/pause and replay (loop back) do not work. 

Soooo... what in the world is going on here? Resetting the box (by unplugging for a few minutes) does not fix the problem. But if I wait several minutes, it goes away on its own. I nearly called the X1 support number last night but just before I did the problem went away. It came back this morning, then cleared itself up, and I haven't had time to investigate further.

Regular Contributor

I've had this happening a lot lately.  Sometime it will rectify itself but it's getting worse and last night it wouldn't resolve itself at all.

What ended up being the problem was they had to "re-pair" the cable card with the box that it's in.  They do it remotely.  I still had some issues after but found restarting it a couple of times seemed to fix it, for now.

The boxes really are junk, even if they have potential. I decided to wait a little longer before returning but now I'm seriously thinking about going to one of the satelite networks. They seem to be light years ahead.  

From what I can tell from all the talking I've done with support people is that everything is in the "cloud".  Even the inode list (kind of a table of contents) for the programs you have recorded is actually on servers at comcast, not on your box.  I actually ended up loosing all the content on my box because one evening they moved servers and it messed stuff up.  The situation being agravated by the fact that no one knows what they are doing there.  So by the time they contacted me back more than a week later with a supposed "solution" it was too late because the content had been recorded over.

Considering they can't even deal with the volume of internet traffic at peak times, expecting all the TV stuff to happen over the internet is just the dumbest idea I have ever heard off.  I think that's why it jams up a lot during prime time.  I record things but they don't show up on the box for hours and then suddenly they are there, for example.  It almost always happens between 8 and 11:30PM give or take.  I'll say to record something and nothing will happen, then half an hour later the little message will pop up and say "recording blah blah". 

The interface has a lot of potential but it's missing basic functionality such as good, repeatable, manual recordings, moving ahead and back by day on the grid instead of by hour, Your schedule recording section telling you when there are conflicts, and general responsivness issues caused by this dumb remote access with everything on their servers idea.

The sensible thing would have been to store all this info on your box, not on a server.  If they then wanted to for what ever reason (probably nefarious) to sync to their servers, fine.

Contributor

@pprentice wrote:

5). Extremely slow..

these are just a few. Sometimes rebooting or pulling plug helps sometimes not. About ready to dump all together. as an FYI my motoroloa is fast and never has 1 problem!

#4 seems to be starting for me since 2-26-13. Before that I wasn't getting that issue. Happening on all channels even when power is unplugged and plugged back in.

Valued Contributor

@golfgreg74 wrote:

It's possible that they want to give the correct, accurate, and concise answer instead of posting the wrong information thus causing confusion and other problems. Finding out the correct information for them to post on here sometimes takes longer then both them and us would like.

Silver Problem Solver

You know what the answer is?  The answer is that box should have never been released to the general public in any fashion the way it is now. 

Regular Contributor

I just had the sound and log only, no picture problem myself. Rebooting the box fixed it. Weird bug. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@screenname137 wrote:

I sent you a PM, screenname137. I need some info in order to investigate/escalate issue. 

You fixed it. We have FX 843 back tonight. Smiley Happy

Thank you!

iPhone 11 Pro
New Poster

Hello

So I got two X1 dvrs installed in mid Jan.  I am having a frustrating time with them when it comes to recording.  I record everything I watch, just in case I don't make it home etc....  I miss some of the features of the old DVRs.

1.  There is no indicator on the front of the box to alert to a recording

2.  When setting up a recording, it does not prompt you to a conflict and ask if you wish to continue.  It just adds it to the list and bumps something else off with no warning.

3.  When you check the "scheduled" recordings it no longer shows that something should be recording but wont due to a conflict (instead of the solid red circle indicating a scheduled recording, it used to show a red circle with a line diagonally across it) now the conficted recording is not indicated at all.

I miss these features.  I used to check ahead all the time to see what waws going to be recording, and I would catch conflicts and fix them.  Now I don't know if something didn't record due to a confict or due to a repeat or hiatus etc.

Any plans in the works to fix these feature omissions?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

@aguiar0016 wrote:

@pprentice wrote:

5). Extremely slow..

these are just a few. Sometimes rebooting or pulling plug helps sometimes not. About ready to dump all together. as an FYI my motoroloa is fast and never has 1 problem!

#4 seems to be starting for me since 2-26-13. Before that I wasn't getting that issue. Happening on all channels even when power is unplugged and plugged back in.

All - Please note that I've escalted the "sound/logo, but no picture" issue to our product support team for further investigation. 

Regular Contributor

@hwkgrl wrote:

Hello

So I got two X1 dvrs installed in mid Jan.  I am having a frustrating time with them when it comes to recording.  I record everything I watch, just in case I don't make it home etc....  I miss some of the features of the old DVRs.

1.  There is no indicator on the front of the box to alert to a recording

2.  When setting up a recording, it does not prompt you to a conflict and ask if you wish to continue.  It just adds it to the list and bumps something else off with no warning.

3.  When you check the "scheduled" recordings it no longer shows that something should be recording but wont due to a conflict (instead of the solid red circle indicating a scheduled recording, it used to show a red circle with a line diagonally across it) now the conficted recording is not indicated at all.

I miss these features.  I used to check ahead all the time to see what waws going to be recording, and I would catch conflicts and fix them.  Now I don't know if something didn't record due to a confict or due to a repeat or hiatus etc.

Any plans in the works to fix these feature omissions?

Thanks

Thank you, hwkgrl, for your feedback. Yes, the product management team is aware of the red light indicator on the box and is considering it for a future update. I've passed along your comments regarding conflict notifications/conflict management. 

Please keep us posted if you have any other ideas/suggestions. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

All - Please note that I've escalted the "sound/logo, but no picture" issue to our product support team for further investigation. 

Good to hear, thanks. It happened to me again this morning. Once again no real time to trouble-shoot it. I'll call in for tech support if it's a problem this evening, or wait until I hear something more here... 

Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have any info on when the Howard County MD area will recieve the x1 update?

Contributor

To add some balance to the forum, we have been using X1 for a month and are very satisfied with X1. Somehow we have manage to live w/o the red recording light and apps missing on non-DVD. X1 is new and has an architecture that will allow for faster updates and deployment. One day it will all be there and will just work.
Regular Contributor

After talking to second level support, they are swapping the box today becasue they claimed there should be no audible fan noise. I'm not really believing what he said, but we shall see. I'll post the resolution. Of course, they already missed the guaranteed two hour window for today Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Questions

Yes it does. You can use either RF or IR. Actually, I think it can use both at once, since I have it set up to use RF, but it also controls my TV volumen which is IR. 

Regular Contributor

@bradbortner wrote:

After talking to second level support, they are swapping the box today becasue they claimed there should be no audible fan noise. I'm not really believing what he said, but we shall see. I'll post the resolution. Of course, they already missed the guaranteed two hour window for today Smiley Sad

One of ours is very quiet; inaudible from 3 feet away.  But the other, which fortunately is in an equipment cabinet with closed door, is fairly loud - with the door open I can hear it several feet away and the sound is sort of a buzzy fan noise - not a low hum.  With the door closed we can't hear it.

I suspect these things are tossed together in China with low cost a priority over consistency and quality - it's not some Apple product or late 20th century German engineering or even mid-grade consumer level like Sony or D&M.

iPhone 11 Pro