Community Forum

X1 Forum

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 Forum

crud. That's a really good remote too.

Regular Contributor

first i cannot believe they actually got a new remote.  but of course it does not control all it should.  i still to this day could not control my only 2 year old yamaha receiver with hdmi with the remote they have had for 10 years or more?  when i got the tivo the remote was set by 2 easy sequences.  it just all worked.  receiver, tv input/power and all.  amazing what a little research and planning and testing can do.

Bronze Problem Solver

@MikeWolf wrote:

crud. That's a really good remote too.

Mike,

it's nothing special.  Other than operating the STB - the X2 remote only turns the TV and/or the receiver on or off and adjusts the volume of one or the other.  It will not change inputs on other devices or provide device info like the Cisco RNG200N remote does.

Valued Contributor

Mm well I only use the current remote to turn the tv on and off and adjust  the volume anyway so I wouldn't be missing anything if I went with the new remote. I love the new layout of the remote and the battery level indication. What's stupid is that the Cisco RNG boxes use the same remote code the Pace and Thompson DTA adapters use which are supposed to be universal, so I'd assume that the new X2 remotes would too. I'm very disappointed by the short sightedness of the developers who thought this up.

Bronze Problem Solver

@MikeWolf wrote:

Mm well I only use the current remote to turn the tv on and off and adjust  the volume anyway so I wouldn't be missing anything if I went with the new remote. I love the new layout of the remote and the battery level indication. What's stupid is that the Cisco RNG boxes use the same remote code the Pace and Thompson DTA adapters use which are supposed to be universal, so I'd assume that the new X2 remotes would too. I'm very disappointed by the short sightedness of the developers who thought this up.

Battery level indication?

New Poster

1. Press and hold the Setup button on the XR2 Remote for 3 seconds.
  2. Press 9-9-9.
  3. The All Power light will blink to indicate battery power level.
    • 4 green blinks indicates the battery power is Excellent
    • 3 green blinks indicates battery power is Good
    • 2 red blinks indicates battery power is Low
Bronze Problem Solver

@The-Cable-Guy wrote:
  1. Press and hold the Setup button on the XR2 Remote for 3 seconds.
  2. Press 9-9-9.
  3. The All Power light will blink to indicate battery power level.
    • 4 green blinks indicates the battery power is Excellent
    • 3 green blinks indicates battery power is Good
    • 2 red blinks indicates battery power is Low

Thanks - I learn something new every day!

Frequent Visitor

Do you have any idea when we are going to get a guide update in connecticut? We have had the version 1 guide or whatever it is called forever... someone already asked in this thread and I had another thread about this that was older but nobody ended up answering and then i was referred to this thread. So any answers??

Valued Contributor

I think not for a long time I'm betting. I think they're still rolling what you currently have out.

Regular Contributor

Re: Favorites on X1

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

Help!

All of a sudden when I click on a DVR recording it takes like 10 seconds or more to display the info and watch button on  1 of my X1 boxes. The other 2 seem fine currently.

I pulled the power cord out for about 2 minutes but that didnot fix it.

How can I fix this? Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear you are having issues, gate1975. We experienced some sluggish the past day. Are you still encountering the issue on the one X1 box? If so, I will escalate to our production support team to take a closer look. 

Hello,

1 of the 3 X1 boxes is still having issues.

The problem is it's missing recordings that I have set all the time. Also I can not get Facebook or Pandora apps to work on it at all. My other 2 X1 boxes seem to be ok for the most part.

Also I discovered yesterday that the one X1 box that is giving me all these issues is missing from the Device Settings on the Xfinity TV Settings page. So this is likely the reason for all the issues. The other 3 boxes are showing on the Xfinity TV Settings page and do not have these same issues. I talked to Comcast X1 tech support and they said some of the codes are wrong or something like that for the 1 X1 box and they need to have a higher up tech look at it. They said it could take up to 72 hours to fix. It's been 24 hours so far and not fix yet.

So to sum this up 2 of my X1 boxes are now working fine other then some sluggishness once in a while. And they are not missing any set recordings and the facebook and Pandora apps are also working just fine.

But the X1 box in my livingroom is having lots of issues like missing set recordings and the Apps not working.

Regular Contributor

very interest in the X1 but the tuner issue is a main concern if Direct TV as the Genie with 5 tuners, Dish as the Hopper with 6 and TIVO Premier as 4 working tuners, why is so hard for Comcast/Xfinity to match why!!!

Silver Problem Solver

comcast is going to a cloud based dvr system that is the end game, so all your recordings will be in the cloud and tuners wont matter.  but they should give you more initially I totally agree, and what happens if there is an issue and you cant access your recordings?  I see that in the future also.

Valued Contributor

I heard from an X1 tech over the phone a few weeks ago that there's a new model coming out that has 3 tuners. I don't know anything else.

Silver Problem Solver

the x1 does have 3 tuners, two to record and one to let you watch a third show so that way you dont have to watch one of your recordings if you have two going, or you could access on demand while recording two things. 

Valued Contributor

Ah then maybe it was something that has more then 3 tuners.

Regular Contributor

all comcast dvr's have 2/1 tuners.  that is what is so odd about the x1 since it is said to be capable of 6.  and the person who said it does not matter about the tuners because of the "cloud" (a great concept but i would not want to go near it for at least 2 years after comcast thinks they got it right, dont want any $crewing around with my recordings). that is absolutely wrong.  you need the tuners to do the recording so you still want to be able to record as many programs at a time!  yes i am sure in 3 or so years when my tivo wears out i will be able to get a decent x1 box!  until then i will enjoy my tivo and also keep bothering then to improve their lacking software!!! 

New Poster

Hi just got our x1 yesterday.  Love it for the moart part but sorestructures not working.  Facebook and pandora apps not working.  They show as connected on website setup but not available on tv.  Also scheduled all my series recordings and they are all listed in priority manager so I know I did it right but they don't record or appear in scheduled recordings.. If I want something to record I have to turn it on and press record while its playing.

Contributor

Received Pace PX001ANM box on Tuesday.  Encountered several problems:

1. Record light doesn't work - this is fundamental to a DVR - can't belive box would ever be shipped with non-functional light - box does record, but you can't tell when it's recording by looking at it.

2. Surround sound is two channel only - this is huge issue - audio setting is "surround" - box connected to receiver via optical cable - receiver sees digital stream and goes into Dolby D mode as it shoud - BUT sound only comes out of front left and right - the 5.1 sound is being down mixed to 2.0 stereo either by the X1 box or Comcast doesn't provide high quality sound for it's movies - doesn't matter what channel being watched or whether it's an HD channel - always get only 2 channel stereo - receiver works perfectly with DVD player and computer and get all 5 channels with either Dolby D or DTS.  Does anyone know how to get true 5.1 sound?  I am remodeling the house and installing multi-media room with professional JBL 15" speakers and 18" powered sub-woofer.  Stero only sound is totally UNACCEPTABLE!

3. Box is very sluggish - have to press a button on remote then wait - if press another button box gets confused - had to contact support when box quit responding altogether - their solution was to unplug box to cause reset and reboot

4. Haven't found a way to create favorite channel list - there are only about 25 channels that I would ever watch - it's easy to setup favorites on a Direct TV box.  Does anyone know how to setup favorite lists on this box?

Regular Contributor

I also have the Pace PX001ANM and 5.1 Dolby D infact is working for me just fine. Maybe it depends what area you are in perhaps. The X1 Box is connected to my Denon receiver via optical cable. When I watch a show thats in 5.1 I do hear the voices coming out of my center channel speaker. And I also hear sound out of the surround sound speakers so I am prettyy sure it is working like it should.

Also is anyone else having major issues with your set recordings not recording to the DVR? 

I am missing so many TV shows everyday because this X1 is so buggy and not recording things I have set!

If I set a recording it better F-ing record to the DVR! This needs to be fixed ASAP!!! 

Contributor

Thank you gate1975mim - after reading that your Denon is working I swapped inputs on my receiver and finally got 5.1 Dolby D working.  I swapped the cables back and also got 5.1 Dolby D working. This is good news. The receiver always indicates Dolby D whether the show is in 5.1 or not.  If the show is in 5.1 I now get sound from all 5 speakers.  Thanks again.

Silver Problem Solver

the no red light on the box is a bug that comcast has reported in this thread.  Read the first page of this thread you will see that and all the other problems. 

New Poster

X1 Rollout

When will the X1 system be made available in the Denver area?

Valued Contributor

when will the x1 be available in the pittsburgh area?

Regular Contributor

@santa-clara wrote:

1. Record light doesn't work - this is fundamental to a DVR - can't belive box would ever be shipped with non-functional light - box does record, but you can't tell when it's recording by looking at it.

That's a known issue, reported by serveral of us and ackowledged by a Comcast rep here. Still annoying, though. 

@santa-clara wrote:

3. Box is very sluggish - have to press a button on remote then wait - if press another button box gets confused - had to contact support when box quit responding altogether - their solution was to unplug box to cause reset and reboot

Others have said this as well, but it's not sluggish for everyone, or at least not at all times. For me, it lags in responding only occasionally, caching several button presses and doing nothing, then suddenly executing the commands. But it's not typical. Not sure what to do about it other than call support, but it seems they're not much help either. 

@santa-clara wrote:

4. Haven't found a way to create favorite channel list - there are only about 25 channels that I would ever watch - it's easy to setup favorites on a Direct TV box.  Does anyone know how to setup favorite lists on this box?

I asked this in another thread, before this X1 Forum thread was created, and then found and posted an answer (linked here)

Regular Contributor

@gate1975mlm wrote:

Also is anyone else having major issues with your set recordings not recording to the DVR? 

I am missing so many TV shows everyday because this X1 is so buggy and not recording things I have set!

If I set a recording it better F-ing record to the DVR! This needs to be fixed ASAP!!! 

This ×100. Well, I'm not having "major issues" but it has happened to me. And, it deleted some recordings on its own (not even the oldest ones) even though I had less than 40% of the disk full. Buggy indeed. 

Contributor

Thank you ebow for the pointer to the instructions for creating a favorites list.  It takes a while and lots of button pushes, but at least it works and I no longer have to scroll through channels I'm not the least bit interested in.  I appreciate your prompt reply.

New Poster

Re: Instructions for the XR2 remote

I was able to follow the instructions so that my XR2 xfinity remote will now control the volume on my audio system.  However my All Power button turns off the cable box, the tv but not the audio system.  Does this feature exist?  After programming - should my audio system turn off with the tv and cable box when I press the All Power button?

Thank you.

Ken McCall

Valued Contributor

Hi  KaraT, I'm sorry to be a bother but I have alot of my customers asking me, "how does the X1 software/guide/hardware handle/display emergency alerts" Any visuals or descriptions will be helpful please.

They want to know that before they get the X1 equipment and software that everything specifically related to that will work. Thanks. Cat Very Happy

Regular Contributor

@rog286713 wrote:

comcast is going to a cloud based dvr system that is the end game, so all your recordings will be in the cloud and tuners wont matter.  but they should give you more initially I totally agree, and what happens if there is an issue and you cant access your recordings?  I see that in the future also.

the cloud is a nice goal, but were IMO at least 5 to 7 years ways, what about sporting events would that be via cloud as well, and how will Comcast do this thru the Televisions which means that every tv would need to be internet capable, or would any streaming device suffice (roku, tivo, sony products, netgear gamming systems etc) or would Comcast have thier own plus I made a point in another thread streaming is not smooth so would every thing be in the cloud my above about live sporting, flippng games on NCAA Saturday for on example too many questions hence my 5 to 7 years!!

now to the XI and my tuner issue and why can't Comcast match the competition X1 has 3 tuner 2 to record and 1 to watch!! now that does me no good if I watch fo example tommorow nite at 9 Fox THE FOLLOWING , ABCF BUNHEADS TNT DALLAS AND CBS TWO BROKE GIRLS now I can give many more examples plus what if I'm working , now some of the basic cable shows repeats after primetime but not every one!!

here in Chattanooga we have Att Unverse that has a dvr, that has 4 tuners but 3 are in Hd and one is in Standard unless they have upgraded, also we Electric Power Board which has fiber optics they have an box with 4 tuners as well but only 2 are in HD last time I check which is totally use less since most shows are in HD and to make worse a customer is only allowed one box!!! so in reality the X1 box makes no sense period at the moment cloud or no cloud COMCAST NEEDS TO GET ON PAR WITH TIVO, DISH AND DIRECT TV and get MORE WORKING TUNERS I mean 100 percent recording

Silver Problem Solver

the cloud recording would be done through the x1 not any external device but like you said that is most likely years away.   The lack of tuners is why a lot of people like myself currently have two dvrs so we can record 4 shows.   There is no such thing as an HD tuner, all the comcast tuners can tune HD and SD.

Valued Contributor

Mmm well that's kinda right. I mean the older set top boxes had SD only tuners and couldn't access or display HD content either due to lack of HD output or otherwise. Since Xfinity seems to only order HD equipment now from the manufaturers, or they stopped manufacturing SD only equipment, it might be safer to say that all the newer equipment supports HD.

Contributor

Re: X1 Forum Cloud Based Recording

Cloud based recording is an extremely bad idea for so many reasons:

1. Invasion of privacy straight from the pages of George Orwell.  What I choose to record, when I choose to record it and when I choose to watch it is my business and no one else's.  There are already too many instances of "big brother is watching you".

2. Multiple points of failure - "the cloud" is a marketing euphemeism for large, expensive, complex systems in some remote data center.  I know because I used to work with large accounts for a major computer company. With a recording in the "cloud" MANY, MANY items ALL have to be working to watch it.  WIth a recording on a local box, only that box has to be working and it's MTBF is MUCH longer than the "cloud".

3. Bandwidth usage - with a local box, show only goes over the "network" once.  With "the cloud" show goes over the network everytime you watch it and all that data counts against your usage.

4. Expensive - the primary reason for Comcast to implement "cloud" recording is forced PAY-PER-VIEW.  If anyone thinks "the cloud" is free, just wait and see.  Local storage is inexpensive - 1 TB drive for less than $100 or < 10 cents/GB.  Cloud storage is VERY expensive - just check out the cost/GB for an EMC disk array not to mention the computers to manage it and the high bandwidth networking infrastructure and the redundant cooling for the data center and the security system and ...

Regular Contributor

@rog286713 wrote:

the cloud recording would be done through the x1 not any external device but like you said that is most likely years away.   The lack of tuners is why a lot of people like myself currently have two dvrs so we can record 4 shows.   There is no such thing as an HD tuner, all the comcast tuners can tune HD and SD.

I know that Comcast boxes can acces both hd and sd the was not my point, my point  was that ATT UVERSE box has four tuners but you can only acces 3 in hd example you can record ABC HD NBC HD CBS ND but you have two watch fox in Standard as with EPB boxes they have four tuners you can only access 2 tuners in HD you missed my point totaly plus Direct tv does offer boxes hd or sd so thier is such a thing

Diamond Problem Solver

bkyle7301 wrote: 

I know that Comcast boxes can acces both hd and sd the was not my point, my point  was that ATT UVERSE box has four tuners but you can only acces 3 in hd example you can record ABC HD NBC HD CBS ND but you have two watch fox in Standard as with EPB boxes they have four tuners you can only access 2 tuners in HD you missed my point totaly plus Direct tv does offer boxes hd or sd so thier is such a thing

The U-Verse DVR's and U-Verse satellite / slave boxes don't have any tuners since they are 100% IP based, just as a Roku, Apple TV, Xbox and similar meida player boxes do not have any tuners.  It can record 4 IP streams, but does not need a tuner to do so.

Regular Contributor

@JayInAlg wrote:

bkyle7301 wrote: 

The U-Verse DVR's and U-Verse satellite / slave boxes don't have any tuners since they are 100% IP based, just as a Roku, Apple TV, Xbox and similar meida player boxes do not have any tuners.  It can record 4 IP streams, but does not need a tuner to do so.

once again I know that I had ATT trying to make simple for everybody else my point being the Genie you can record 5 shows in HD TIVO 4 in HD Hoppet  6 in HD where ATT EPB And X1 ypou cant that is my point was that hard to understand I have 2 dvr's plus hulu plus but COMCAST NEEDS to cach up period!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: X1 Forum Cloud Based Recording

Santa I'm worried about the fact that if a network outage occurs anywhere in Comcast's network, users won't be able to access their recordings. Currently if the cable goes out by me I can still watch my recorded shows located locally on my DVR hard drives.  What Comcast needs to figure out is how to stream recordings located on the hard drives to other devices either through MoCA or through ethernet, and perhaps a way to access those recordings over the internet. Take a page out of TiVo or Slingbox.

Regular Visitor

Having difficulty with my XR2 (ver R2) remote. Just a few days ago I noticed I can no longer turn off my X1 reciver with the XR2. Figured this would be an easy fix in just re-pairing the two.

Pressed and held the setup button...

Pressed and held the Xfinity button...

Typed in the code that displayed on the screen...

Did that a few times and my X1 will not turn off from the remote when I press the "All Power" button.

Has anyone else experienced this and has a solution?

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

@Hiredx wrote:

Having difficulty with my XR2 (ver R2) remote. Just a few days ago I noticed I can no longer turn off my X1 reciver with the XR2. Figured this would be an easy fix in just re-pairing the two.

Pressed and held the setup button...

Pressed and held the Xfinity button...

Typed in the code that displayed on the screen...

Did that a few times and my X1 will not turn off from the remote when I press the "All Power" button.

Has anyone else experienced this and has a solution?

Thanks!

This has been commented on several times, including earlier in this thread (messages 2 - 4). Basically, it's a known problem that using the remote via RF won't let you turn off the power light, but changing back to IR will. Also, see the solution posted in this separate thread

Regular Contributor

@Davewhite787 wrote:

Do you have any idea when we are going to get a guide update in connecticut? We have had the version 1 guide or whatever it is called forever... someone already asked in this thread and I had another thread about this that was older but nobody ended up answering and then i was referred to this thread. So any answers??

Davewhite787 - Unfortunately, I do not have any information regarding X1 deployment. To determine if you are eligible, I suggest you call 1-800-XFINITY to verify if/when X1 will be available in your area. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Favorites on X1

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@ComcastKaraT wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

Help!

All of a sudden when I click on a DVR recording it takes like 10 seconds or more to display the info and watch button on  1 of my X1 boxes. The other 2 seem fine currently.

I pulled the power cord out for about 2 minutes but that didnot fix it.

How can I fix this? Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear you are having issues, gate1975. We experienced some sluggish the past day. Are you still encountering the issue on the one X1 box? If so, I will escalate to our production support team to take a closer look. 

Hello,

1 of the 3 X1 boxes is still having issues.

The problem is it's missing recordings that I have set all the time. Also I can not get Facebook or Pandora apps to work on it at all. My other 2 X1 boxes seem to be ok for the most part.

Also I discovered yesterday that the one X1 box that is giving me all these issues is missing from the Device Settings on the Xfinity TV Settings page. So this is likely the reason for all the issues. The other 3 boxes are showing on the Xfinity TV Settings page and do not have these same issues. I talked to Comcast X1 tech support and they said some of the codes are wrong or something like that for the 1 X1 box and they need to have a higher up tech look at it. They said it could take up to 72 hours to fix. It's been 24 hours so far and not fix yet.

So to sum this up 2 of my X1 boxes are now working fine other then some sluggishness once in a while. And they are not missing any set recordings and the facebook and Pandora apps are also working just fine.

But the X1 box in my livingroom is having lots of issues like missing set recordings and the Apps not working.

gate1975mlm - just confirming your issues w/ X1 have been resolved. send me a PM if this is not the case

Regular Contributor

@santa-clara wrote:

Received Pace PX001ANM box on Tuesday.  Encountered several problems:

2. Surround sound is two channel only - this is huge issue - audio setting is "surround" - box connected to receiver via optical cable - receiver sees digital stream and goes into Dolby D mode as it shoud - BUT sound only comes out of front left and right - the 5.1 sound is being down mixed to 2.0 stereo either by the X1 box or Comcast doesn't provide high quality sound for it's movies - doesn't matter what channel being watched or whether it's an HD channel - always get only 2 channel stereo - receiver works perfectly with DVD player and computer and get all 5 channels with either Dolby D or DTS.  Does anyone know how to get true 5.1 sound?  I am remodeling the house and installing multi-media room with professional JBL 15" speakers and 18" powered sub-woofer.  Stero only sound is totally UNACCEPTABLE!

santa-clara - thanks for your post 

1. re: dvr recording light - this is a known bug and we hope to have this resolved and rolled out to customers ASAP

2. I am checking with product support to verify the directions to set up surround sound / dolby 5.1. More to come on that...

3. When you say sluggish - how long did the remote take to input the commands?

4. To favorite channels - when you are in the guide, scroll over to the netork logo on the left -> hit Info on the remote -> and select "Favorite" option 

Regular Contributor

@Stipetic68 wrote:

Hi just got our x1 yesterday.  Love it for the moart part but sorestructures not working.  Facebook and pandora apps not working.  They show as connected on website setup but not available on tv.  Also scheduled all my series recordings and they are all listed in priority manager so I know I did it right but they don't record or appear in scheduled recordings.. If I want something to record I have to turn it on and press record while its playing.

Sorry to hear you are having troubles, Stipetic68

re: Pandora/Facebook - when you try to access the apps on your tv, are you getting an error message? if so, what does the message read?

re: Does anything appear in your scheduled recordings or is it blank?

Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Rollout

@TCADenver wrote:

When will the X1 system be made available in the Denver area?

TCADenver - thanks for your post. Unfortunately, I do not have any information regarding X1 deployment. To determine if you are eligible, I suggest you call 1-800-XFINITY to verify if/when X1 will be available in your area. 

Regular Contributor

Update:

The "Recently Viewed" began working again.  It think the problem might have been the box that had to be reset.

Now it seems OK.  BTW, I checked and I am getting Dolby Digital 5.1 from the X1 into my AVR over HDMI with no problem.

Got two X1's this Saturday.  Had problems with one not getting any subsription channels like HBO, etc.  Telephone support finally got that sorted out this morning with a complete remote reset of the box - took 15 minutes or so for it to come back up.

Now we have another issue with both boxes:  no "Recently Viewed"  OnDemand shows showing up and no way to Resume a partially watched OnDemand show.  My Wife swears she saw both features on Sunday, but neither box works like that today.

Is this a bug or a really terrible feature?

Thanks,

Steve

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Menu "Ghosts" on-screen w/ X1 DVR

Since I got my DVR a little over a week ago - i've run into this instance twice now. Only a reboot fixes it.

Say I'm watching something that's recorded. Once it's done - the menu pops up to delete it. When I go to delete it - it will also show a list of other episodes of the show on the far right in case I want to watch it (great idea!)

However - when I delete the show - that list of other episodes gets "ghosted" onto the screen after you exit out and go back to watching live TV.

Meaning, you can see faintly the list of the programs in the background far right of the screen. No matter what new menus you bring up - it never disappears.

Regular Contributor

Do some recorded shows expire?

Is it "normal" for movies or shows recorded onto my DVR to get deleted automatically? My DVR shows plenty of free space. 

I recorded Moneyball off HBO or Starz about a month ago, and now it's not there. I didn't delete it manually, and I still have access to those channels so that should not be the issue. As soon as I noticed it missing, I checked the Deleted Recodings list, but it wasn't there. 

Also, I have a series recording for the Simpsons. Out of the blue it recorded two old episodes (which it shouldn't do--it's set for new only), and after watching one of the shows, the other was nowhere to be found. 

Resetting the box (by unplugging for 2+ minutes) did not restore the shows. 

Regular Contributor

The Picture quality on these X1 boxes looks better.  Not sure why - we have it connected 1080i over HDMI just like the older boxes, but both my wife and I think it looks better.

Valued Contributor

Could either be the improved components in the new equipment, or mind playing tricks, either way the end result is awesome video quality Cat Very Happy

Frequent Visitor

Great so no answers. Ugh I have had this same old guide for over 10 years. It looks horrible and functions even worse. Was hoping that getting a brand new box would bring SOME form of improvement but it doesn't at all. It still functions absolutely horrid. If we don't get something soon or at least some word I'm done with Comcast. We get skipped over for the guide version 2 and there is no idea about the X1. This really sucks.

Valued Contributor

I agree iwth you rog, I personally hope that once the bugs are worked out with the X1 software Comcast will start rolling out the X1 software for the Motorola and Cisco/SA market RNG equipment. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the fact that they only have two tuners and how the software would interact with that factor and where the cloud features fall into place. I mean the RNG equipment does support MoCA and ethernet and have internal modems. One really cool thing that Comcast should do but never will is put Netflix as an app. That could very well bring a whole new level of Comcastic awesome into everything.