Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Wrong device (CableCARD) deactivated after returning equipment

Regular Visitor

Wrong device (CableCARD) deactivated after returning equipment

I've had three pieces of cable TV equipment working for years:  an old Pace box and two CableCARDs installed in HDHomeRun PRIME boxes.  Recently, I saw a notification in my website account that I should upgrade to the X1 box, so I ordered an upgrade.  I installed it yesterday and returned the old box today to the local office.

Unfortunately, it appears the local office deactivated the wrong device when I returned the box.  I see that one of the cards now shows "Card Validation:  none".  (The other one still shows "success".)  The website account is also showing that I have two TV boxes and one CableCARD.

Can anyone help me sort this out?

Regular Visitor

Re: Wrong device (CableCARD) deactivated after returning equipment (maybe not)

Sorry, maybe I'm wrong.  I've only used the HDHomeRun PRIME for non-premium channels and that looks like it still works for both cards.  I'm not sure why only one card shows "Card Validation:  none" while the other does not, but now I'm not sure how long it's been that way and maybe it has nothing to do with the equipment return after all.

Sorry for the noise but I'd still appreciate it if anyone could sort out my account and figure out why one card is not validated.  It should also show one cable box and two CableCARDs, but instead shows two boxes and one card.  Thanks.

Expert

gtgervasio,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi gtgervasio, 

I'd be happy to review your account and help get this straightened out. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.