Community Forum

Why on earth did Comcast get rid of NFL Network from my X1 satellite box?

Regular Visitor

Why on earth did Comcast get rid of NFL Network from my X1 satellite box?

I have X1 and can watch anything in the living room, but what about the satellite box in my den? It's stations do not mirror the stations on the X1. Fine, fewer stations. However, for years I've been able to watch NFL games that are only on NFL Network on my small satellite box in my den as well. Now Comcast in its infinite wisdom has deleted channels from it including NFL Network. So now I can only watch NFL Network if I'm in my living room or watch it on a Chromebook or laptop. The situation will improve once Thursday Night Football is back on FOX in a few weeks but there are dozens of worthless channels that the non-X1 box in my den offers up that could have been deleted by Comcast rather than them deleting NFL Network. If you want to know what pergatory is like, I'm guessing it's very much like paying over $200 a month as a Comcast customer and having to deal with a lame cable company that has little viable competition.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Why on earth did Comcast get rid of NFL Network from my X1 satellite box?

On July 1, NFL Network was moved to the Digital Preferred tier. Your other box is a DTA (not an X1 satellite box) and it only broadcasts up to Digital Starter. You would need to upgrade the DTA to receive NFL Network

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!