Community Forum

Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboot?

New Poster

Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboot?

A Legacy DVR (unlike an X-1 Box) has a hard drive and recordings should not randomly disappear but this has been happening every other day in the last few months. Insane!  I feel like Xfinity is somehow trying to force me into the X-1 could platform - in which I have NO INTEREST.  After a hard reset the programs come back, only to show empty in a day or two.  How is this possible?

New Poster

Re: Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboo

I have a similar problem. Some recordings don't show up on the DVR. But they do show if I use the Xfinity mobile App.

How do you do a hard restart? Pull the power plug?

New Poster

Re: Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboo

Yes, I consider a hard reboot either pulling the plug for 30 seconds or so.  Or logging into your Xfinity account and requesting a box reboot.  Hitting the blue reset button on the front only seems to help with lesser problems like a frozen channel.  The hard reset does erase the guide for a day or so which is a nuisance.