Community Forum

Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboot?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboot?

A Legacy DVR (unlike an X-1 Box) has a hard drive and recordings should not randomly disappear but this has been happening every other day in the last few months. Insane!  I feel like Xfinity is somehow trying to force me into the X-1 could platform - in which I have NO INTEREST.  After a hard reset the programs come back, only to show empty in a day or two.  How is this possible?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboo

I have a similar problem. Some recordings don't show up on the DVR. But they do show if I use the Xfinity mobile App.

How do you do a hard restart? Pull the power plug?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why do my Legacy DVR (NOT X-1 BOX) recordings keep disappearing and not reappear without a reboo

Yes, I consider a hard reboot either pulling the plug for 30 seconds or so.  Or logging into your Xfinity account and requesting a box reboot.  Hitting the blue reset button on the front only seems to help with lesser problems like a frozen channel.  The hard reset does erase the guide for a day or so which is a nuisance.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same problem with the legacy box not show the list of recordings.  Did you ever get your's resolved?

Highlighted
New Poster

I never did get a solution to this problem.  It doesn't happen as often.  Another thing that happens with the Legacy box is that one of the tuner channels will freeze and not back up unless you change the channel.  This is the primary reason I don't go to an X-1 box.  I want to store TWO channels at once that I can back up and flip flop between shows.