Community Forum

Why am I getting Code 580, and why can't you fix it?

New Poster

Why am I getting Code 580, and why can't you fix it?

My cable package was updated Sept 19, 2019. I was supposed to maintain the same channels I had before, and I do on the main digital reciever in the living room, but on the 3 smaller sets in the bedrooms I get Code 580 on channels 34 FSSW, 86 ATTSN, 117 WE, and 189 UP. I have called 3 times to the call center, with no resolution. It's obvious customers servive is number 1 on your "We Don't Give a SH*T" list, becuase the foriegners speak almost NO english. They sound like they have a mouth full of outmeal and their heads in a trash can. After 3 hours of frustration, I couldn't help but think that you want it that way, so you you don't have to fix anything. A technician came out and worked for 4 hours on my cable, replaced some cables and connectors, cleared up some picture quality issues, but didn't resovle the problem. He came to the conclusion I had at the begining of this cluster F*CK, it was done at the main office, and he couldn't fix it here. 

New Poster

Re: Why am I getting Code 580, and why can't you fix it?

P.S. I don't know why I posted this, your past history with customer service leads me to believe that if I had wrote this on a truck stop wall I would have gotten more service. You have me locked in with a $230 early Termination Fee, so you don't have to care, and it shows.