Community Forum

Where did xfinity go on the smart hub

New Poster

Where did xfinity go on the smart hub

Have samsung smart tv with smart hub had xfinity on along with Netflix, prime video, youtube etc . now no longer can find xfinity and cannot get back on the hub.  It was easy to switch between the areas

Expert

Re: Where did xfinity go on the smart hub

What do you mean by you cannot get back on the HUB? Is the connecting cable between TV and HUD fully plugged in on each end?

The Cable-box belonged on HDMI 1 port on the hub. Pressing Source button on the remote and switching to HDMI1 port should bring up the cable-box.

By getting back on the hub do you mean the Apps on television? If so press the colored button on the remote.

Have you even bothered to read your manual, and gone through set-up to connect all devices and label them properely?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

I did see something strange happen on my Cisco RNG 150N cable-box since a service was down in my service area a little over a week ago.

I usually turn on the cable-box first, and then my Samsung UHD television. Everything comes on correctly as it used to do.

Now; after about 5 minutes my television screen goes black with no audio. To get a picture and sound I used the "source" button on remote and switched to "Antenna" to get same local channel over the air. Everything was fine there. Then I switched "source" back to the cable-box and found everything working there.

Did your problem look like this?

Using the app button on remote or the tool menu on top line will always open screen for apps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

You have to set it up again on the smart remote source.  Go to home, then sources, then universal remote.  Set up your set top box to your cable provider and all should be good.  We had power outage and needed to set it up again for some reason. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Dead thread closed

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!