What does "status code 223" mean?

Regular Visitor

What does "status code 223" mean?

I do not have a picture on my tv. The screen only shows "Status Code 223"

Official Employee

Re: What does "status code 223" mean?

peteshoun wrote:

I do not have a picture on my tv. The screen only shows "Status Code 223"

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have asked a colleague to review your account and reach out to you so that we can get any underlying issues identified and resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Admin1

Hi peteshoun,

Status 223 indicates a signal interruption for DTA's. I have sent signal HIT's to your DTA's to try and correct that issue. If that does not work, then it would be recommended to replace the box or have a tech out to diagnose. 

You can tell me days/times that work best for you for a tech or you can go this nearest location to exchange the box:

1794 Old Gray Station RD

Gray TN 37615

Mon-Fri: 9:30am-6pm

Sat: 9am-5pm

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastZach wrote: ... Status 223 indicates a signal interruption for DTA's. ...

I was unable to find a list of DTA status codes. Is one available? If not, could this information please be added to the support pages? It seems like we've been seeing more and more of these kinds of posts lately.

Admin1

Quite right. There is no list available on the support pages that show what these codes mean. We do get these questions about the Status Codes a lot so I fully agree that this would be useful information for customers to have so they know what's going on with the box. I'll pass this suggestion along as something to get added. 

Gold Problem Solver

Thank you!

New Poster

Can you send the same thing to my box?  I have the same problem.

Admin1

ADJewell -- Signal sent to your box.