Community Forum

Watch on HD Pop Ups

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Watch on HD Pop Ups

Is anyone else getting pop up messages every hour or half hour reminding you could watch this in HD (even though you don't have HD)?

Official Employee

Re: Watch on HD Pop Ups

@dbm9323 wrote:

Is anyone else getting pop up messages every hour or half hour reminding you could watch this in HD (even though you don't have HD)?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Although you don't have HD service from us, the cable box listed on your account (a Pace RNG150N P2 HD TV Box) is an HD cable box.  The message is triggered on all legacy HD box types to remind customers to tune to the HD channel for a better experience.   

We can arrange to swap out the HD cable box for an SD cable box (we can ship you one at no charge or you can swap it out at no charge at one of our locations listed below). 

31055 Courthouse Drive
Union City, CA 94587
HOURS
Mon - Sat: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Sun: 10:00am - 5:00pm

1068 East Brokaw Rd
San Jose, CA 95131
HOURS

Getting an SD cable box will solve this known issue. 

Apologies again and thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Great that sounds good, I just need an SD box.

That was the first suggested solution, so I went down and swaped the box out.

What model do I need? It sounds like they gave me the wrong one.

How can I make sure I get the correct box?

David

Official Employee

@dbm9323 wrote:

Great that sounds good, I just need an SD box.

That was the first suggested solution, so I went down and swaped the box out.

What model do I need? It sounds like they gave me the wrong one.

How can I make sure I get the correct box?

David

A DCT 2000, DCT 2500 or a DCH 70 are three models that are SD only.  Just be sure that you get an SD only cable box. 

SD cable boxes are not in huge demand (and they are certainly older stock) so they may not be readily available at all of our stores. 

We can get an SD cable box shipped to you at no charge, let me know if you want to go that route or just let our team at the store know that and they can set that up.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

OK, sounds good.

Please ship me a SD only box, and I will give it a try.

David

Official Employee

@dbm9323 wrote:

OK, sounds good.

Please ship me a SD only box, and I will give it a try.

David

Will do, box has been ordered.

Once it is set up and working, you can return the other cable box to one of our store locations, drop it off at any UPS Store location or ship it back to us with the pre-paid shipping label that comes with the new device.   

Nearby Comcast locations listed below:

31055 Courthouse Drive
Union City, CA 94587
HOURS

1068 East Brokaw Rd
San Jose, CA 95131
HOURS

Regular Visitor

I don't know how to think you.

We got the box today. Looks exactlly like the previous box.

However, there are no pop-up HD ads.

I have had techs out here, I have talked with Tom Karinsak's (sp?) team.

Chat messages to Comcast, you name it.

I do think that since the original solution was to swap the box. I did that. But now I think the comcast store just gave me the wrong box. Maybe they were out of the SD boxes, and thought they were giving me an up grade (just a thought)?

Good job,.

Official Employee

@dbm9323 wrote:

I don't know how to think you.

We got the box today. Looks exactlly like the previous box.

However, there are no pop-up HD ads.

I have had techs out here, I have talked with Tom Karinsak's (sp?) team.

Chat messages to Comcast, you name it.

I do think that since the original solution was to swap the box. I did that. But now I think the comcast store just gave me the wrong box. Maybe they were out of the SD boxes, and thought they were giving me an up grade (just a thought)?

Good job,.

You are welcome. Apologies that you had to go through a lot to get to the solution.

Many of the boxes do look similar and we don't get many requests for standard definition boxes.  Having the SD box should resolve this issue. If you are still having issues, please let me know.