Community Forum

Viewing With TV Adapter

Highlighted
New Poster

Viewing With TV Adapter

On one of the televisions using an HD TV Adapter, all of a sudden, we most times hear someone commentating. I sounds like someone is directing the actor, very strange. Like it will say, "Sally looks up in surprise." How can I turn this feature off?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Viewing With TV Adapter

New Poster

Thank you for the link to the article. I did everything, but when I got to the part where I'm in the audio setup, I put in okay and the only choices on the screen were English and Spanish. There was nothing that said Descriptive Video, Audio Output or Optimal Stereo. I appreciate your quick response all the same. If there is another way, please do let me know.

Expert

@PONZ2 wrote:

Thank you for the link to the article. I did everything, but when I got to the part where I'm in the audio setup, I put in okay and the only choices on the screen were English and Spanish. There was nothing that said Descriptive Video, Audio Output or Optimal Stereo. I appreciate your quick response all the same. If there is another way, please do let me know.

That kind of setting is normally found on the television's Audio functions, or menu.

New Poster

Thank you, I understand that. Regardless of how I arrive at the audio portion in set-up (entering through pressing Xfinity button twice or pushing the "d" button) the only options are english or spanish. One time there was something while viewing that said how to turn it off, but it went by too fast; and I don't have DVR on that tv. Thanks for continuing to try to help me. I do appreciate it

Gold Problem Solver

@PONZ2 wrote: ... Regardless of how I arrive at the audio portion in set-up (entering through pressing Xfinity button twice or pushing the "d" button) the only options are english or spanish ...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/video-description-hd-dta says:

Note: The SPA audio track is used for video description and Spanish audio. The program provider decides whether to include Spanish, video description or no secondary audio. Only one secondary audio language at a time can be offered on the SPA audio track.

You might also, using your TV's remote, check your TV's Audio settings to see if video description is enabled there.

New Poster

Thank you for your response. I just checked the audio with the tv remote, and, no, it does not have video description as an option. However, that has seemed to stop for the time.