Community Forum

VCR hook up

New Poster

VCR hook up

How do I hook up a Motoraola VCR  with coaxel, HMDI and S-video capabilities to work with my tv. The tv has component in and av in capabilities. The cable box has 3 comp out jacks; red,blue and green. Also the cable box has red and white audio out and a yellow video out jack. 

Official Employee

Re: VCR hook up

Since your vcr doesn’t have component or av ( if they do, you didn’t say) you’ll have to use coax from cable box to vcr to tv

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: VCR hook up

It is NOT a VCR. It is a DVD player (my ignorance).

The DVD player has no inputs. The DVD player has S video, HDMI, and 7 colored jacks labelled  Y,Pb, Pr,L,R,Coaxial, and video for output.

The cable box has cable in, HDMI1 , HDMI2  for inputs.  For outputs the cable box has 6 colored jacks labeled Y,Pb,Pr,L,R, and video out. It also has HDMI  to TV and Cable to TV.

The TV has HDMI in , Antenna in,  8 colored jacks in. The first 5 are  labeled Component in Y,Pb,Pr,L,R. The last 3 are labeled AV in consisting of Video,and L and R. 

Please tell me how to hookup this assortment so that I may play DVD's on the DVD player.