Community Forum

Upgraded package, can't see new channels

New Poster

Upgraded package, can't see new channels

This week I talked to a Comcast agent and upgraded my package from SD Digital Starter to HD Digital Perferred with DVR and voice remote. We won't have the new equipment until tomorrow, but the Comcast agent said we would have the new channels in the meantime. When we checked yesterday, we still had the Digital Starter lineup. So I chatted with an agent who was sending a signal to the box. The signal never came. Then this morning all of our channels were dark with a message that said not autorized.

Chatted with agent tonight, gave her the serial number of our cable box, she sent a signal now we have digital starter channels back, and still no digital perferred. Same if I go online to the streaming site.

Any ideas as to why we still dont' have our new channel lineup? Or do we have to wait until our new equipmet arrives?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Upgraded package, can't see new channels

shortshanon4077, If an order was created to have the new DVR shipped to you and the account package change was in the same order, you won't have the new channels until the shopping order completes. Let's look into this further to confirm. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!