Community Forum

Tivo and HBOGo

New Poster

Tivo and HBOGo

I'm trying to authorize my TiVo Bolt to work with HBOGo, but when I use the drop down to select my provider, Xfinity or Comcast is not an option. Why is this? Xfinity is a leader in the industry and yet just about every other provider is on the list. Why is this?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Tivo and HBOGo

It's been an ongoing discussion since TiVo added HBOGo to it's services over a year ago.   The same goes with the PS3/PS4 and maybe other platforms I'm not aware of, but basically Comcast 'Hasn't come to an agreement' with them.

Here's a thread on the subject

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Support-for-HBO-Go-on-TiVo-activations/td-p/2702577

I'd much rather use my TiVo (for everything), but I've can use my Smart TV or a Roku box that I have to do get my HBOGo fix when I have the need.

Valued Contributor

TAZ_427 wrote:

It's been an ongoing discussion since TiVo added HBOGo to it's services over a year ago.   The same goes with the PS3/PS4 and maybe other platforms I'm not aware of, but basically Comcast 'Hasn't come to an agreement' with them.

Here's a thread on the subject

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Support-for-HBO-Go-on-TiVo-activations/td-p/2702577

I'd much rather use my TiVo (for everything), but I've can use my Smart TV or a Roku box that I have to do get my HBOGo fix when I have the need.

Does the Xfinity on-demand not work for HBO on the TIVO? Doe Xfinity on-demand work for any channels on the TIVO?

I'm considering repacing the Xfinity equipent with TIVO, and I was under the impression that on-demand did work with TIVO.

Regular Visitor

On demand works. I had issues when I first started because their billing codes didn't update when I activated my TiVo. Basically on demand would play for 5 seconds and freeze. Called and they fixed it immediately.
Frequent Visitor

spyncycle wrote:

Does the Xfinity on-demand not work for HBO on the TIVO? Doe Xfinity on-demand work for any channels on the TIVO?

I'm considering repacing the Xfinity equipent with TIVO, and I was under the impression that on-demand did work with TIVO.

On-demand works... if you enable and use the Xfinity app. The TiVo search, however is very hit or miss, as Xfinity does not always include "included with subscription" items.   (that is, if you search for a movie you know is on HBO/MAX/SHO/TMC/Starz, Xfinity MIGHT offer it as a rental, not as a free viewing)

New Poster

Figured I would add my name to the thread also. Comcast you need to support this
Regular Contributor

Why won’t Comcast allow HBO Go on Tivo?   I really don’t know why they won’t.

I was actually surprised to see that Comcast finally allowed HBO Go on the PS4 after years of blocking it and never saying why.   I don’t know why it takes years to support a service that every other cable provider supports from day one.  At this point Comcast is only blocking HBO Go on Tivo and Android TV. 

New Poster

I hope you are all kidding and not idiots. You do know that Comcast is a money grubbing, overpriced tyrant right? Why would they support this and be ok with not charging you for cable boxes? Maybe if they block it you’ll pay for the X1 platform.

Definitely not.
New Poster

I've been on with Xfinity Support and they do NOT have a way as of today to enable HBO GO with a Tivo DVR or Andriod enable device.   WOW and unbelieveable that the largest cable provider can't enable the #1 DVR company and Andriod to use HBO GO.  I'm now looking to change my cable provider... 

New Poster

Exactly. Tivo replaces both their cable boxes and their in-house DVRs (X1). They won't support a device that, in their eyes, is in competition for a teeny tiny slice of their financial pie.