Community Forum

Tivo Bolt V52 on all channels

New Poster

Tivo Bolt V52 on all channels

I'll be on my 6th tech for this issue tomorrow. My service was fine. Comcast has an outtage, service comes back on all my TV's exept the one with Tivo Bolt and a cable card.

First tech..Not sure what's wrong. 

2nd tech....Signal is good maybe get a new splitter. 

3rd Tech....You need a new cable card. Tech tells us we should just get an xfinity DVR and leaves. We ran down and got a new cable card and called to pair it. Still V52 and Tivo showing no digital signal

4th tech....Tried a different cable card and called pairing dept. They told him (he was on speaker ) we needed to go back to the xfinity SC and tell them we needed a card specifically for Tivo. That didn't sound right since we had M cards in there. After he left I then called the pairing dept and was on with a tech for over an hour. He finaly got us a pic with a difital signal of 68. The pic was still a litle pixilated. He set up a tech to come out and add a new booster.

I get up this morning and V52 is back with zero digital strength. Not only that, but one of my other cable boxes had been removed from my account.

5th tech arrives today. Checks the pairing. Tests the cable coming from the back to the tivo and it is putting out a good signal. Screws it back in and it shows zero digital signal on Tivo strenth test.. He tells me you know, these cable cards are old and we really don't service them that much anymore.  They are out of date.  He adds my removed box back on. At this point he wants to set up another tech appointment for rewiring even though I'm getting a good signal. I called and talked to a supervisor. Another tech is due here tomorrow and I know it's going to be more of the same.  After 31 years with Comcast, it  may be time to look elseware for cable service.

Does anyone have any ideas?