Community Forum

Tivo Bolt + HBO problem

Regular Visitor

Tivo Bolt + HBO problem

I had an existing Tivo Premiere that I was using with my Xfinity service. I just swapped out the Premiere for a new Tivo Bolt. Most of my channels seem to be working as they were before, but not any HBO channel even though these worked fine on the Tivo Premiere.

Whenever I tune in an HBO channel, I get the error message that starts with "In order to start cable service for this device please contact your cable provider 1-877-....." and includes all of the Card ID details.

I tried chatting with a customer service rep. They tried sending an update signal to my device (twice) but it didn't clear the problem.

All they were able to suggest was that HBO channels maybe aren't supported on the Tivo Bolt (on xfinity)? And of course they encouraged me to just use an Xfinity cable box.

Does anyone know if

- HBO channels are supported on Tivo Bolt on Xfinity? (I don't mean the HBO Go app. I mean the channels.)

- If they should work, what needs to be done to resolve the issue I'm having?

Thank you!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Tivo Bolt + HBO problem

Tim0003,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Regular Visitor

geek46,

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from someone.

Official Employee

Hi Tim0003, 

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was able to confirm that HBO is available on your device. It seems like there may be something on the backend that is causing you not to be able to access these channels. In order for me to isolate the cause of this, I will have to pull up your account and review a few things. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Official Employee

Hey Tim! 

I was able to complete some troubleshooting on my end. After swapping the host ID for your new device, you should now have access to HBO. Please test on your end and let me know if there's a change on your end. 

Regular Visitor

ComcastChe,

HBO is working now. This is great. Thank you so much!

Official Employee

I'm happy to hear that. If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate t reach out. 

Thank you for being the BEST part of Comcast, take care!