Community Forum

TiVo v58 error code

New Poster

TiVo v58 error code

I've read about some frustration with getting cable cards to work and I'm am currently experiencing issues myself. I spent a total of 4 hours on the phone yesterday speaking with 6 different people from the cable card department, including two tier 2 calls, and tried 3 different cards and nothing has been resolved. With each person the process is started from scratch. They check the s/n, host id, and data I'd. They send several signals to the card. No change. This all started when the technician setting up my service 2 days ago came with the wrong equipment. Now, on day 3 of giving Comcast tv a second chance, I'm ready to cancel. They claim we can use our own equipment, then make it impossible to get it working. I even spoke to someone through the messager service. That tech put in a ticket for something but I highly doubt it will be resolved. Why does this keep going around and not get fixed?
New Poster

Re: TiVo v58 error code

Technician came out today. He spent sometime on the phone. They upped him to tier 2, then Tier 3. Finally fixed after swapping cards and dealing with tier 3 through the technician.