Community Forum

TiVo V52 Error and Loss of Signal

Regular Visitor

TiVo V52 Error and Loss of Signal

I moved into a new house one year ago and I have cable TV through a TiVo Bolt+ with two TiVo Minis attached.  I have had issues right from the start and the regular Comcast service people can not seem to fix it.  The issue is that I regularly get random channels where I do not get a signal but instead get a "Searching for a signal on this channel (V52)" error.  The affected channels come and go at various times.  And to make it more strange, often when a channel goes out on the Bolt I can still see that channel on one of the Minis. Comcast support has regularly done a system refresh which only fixes the problem temporarily.  For example, they did one yesterday but this morning 403, 402 and a number of lower channels are giving me the V52 error but I can still see those channels via the Mini.
Regular Contributor

Re: TiVo V52 Error and Loss of Signal

That's totally weird.

There's been some threads about individual tuners on Bolts not operating properly.  Which could explain that.

What are the signal levels for the tuners in System Info?

-KP

Regular Visitor

Thanks, it looks like you are onto something. Tuner0 and 2 to 5 have 100% signal strength. But Tuner1 shows no signal strength and the Modulation alternates between QAM256 and QAM64. I will contact TiVo to see what they say about this.
Regular Visitor

I ended up getting a new Bolt+ from TiVo and it seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks so much for troubleshooting this. I find it surprising (shocking?) that neither Comcast nor TiVo offered up the simple diagnostic you gave me that immediately pointed out where the problem was.
Official Employee

Hi SJM59, thank you for posting what corrected your issue, if you have any other questions or concerns in the future please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Thank you