Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

TV-stuck on one channel

New Poster

TV-stuck on one channel

Since this afternoon, tv has been stuck on one channel we cannot get it go to any other channel-it started slowing down from channel to channel earlier today.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: TV-stuck on one channel

The TV or the Comcast box is stuck?

New Poster

I had the same issue on Monday, 9-9-13, and the STB could not be powered off either. I finally had to pull the plug on the device and wait for it to reset. While the Guide functionality returned, I noticed a good deal of tiling in the video picture. A subsequent signal refresh seems to have improved the situation. 

Frequent Visitor

It's not just you.  I've had similar problems RNG-200N (my RNG-200 performs fine), which started about two weeks ago. 

200N freezes at least 2-3 times a day on channels or on playback of recordings. 

Pixeling and stuttering is horrendous during some playbacks, causing the DVR to lock-up forcing me to reboot.

My DVR also slows down or freezes entirely between command prompts -- sometimes taking almost 2 minutes to delete or start a recording.  

The only way to resolve these problems is to unplug and reboot, which only lasts for a few hours until it gets bogged down again.  I've noticed that the problems seem to happen more frequently if my DVR is 98% or more full or is in the process of recording something.

I've read of others experiencing similar issues so it seems something more is happening  (software related ?) beyond individual box issues.

New Poster

Have 2 mini-digital boxes and they both get stuck on 1 channel. In order to change the channel you have to shut the box off, turn it back on, and pray that it works so you don't have to get your lazy bvtt up to unplug the box and let it reboot before turning the channel-just to have it get stuck on that channel then and having to repeat the entire process. Not sure what the problem is but after calling Comcast they sent a "signal" to the boxes and they started to function normally...for an hour...then they went right back to the same old BS...turn off, turn on, unplug, plug in, change channel, repeat. WTH COMCAST???

Silver Problem Solver

If you're referring to the DTAs, the IR receivers seem to be not that great, and break easily. Try removing the IR receiver and see if you can change channels. If that's not it then the box may be bad and need replaced.

New Poster

Don't know what a DTA or IR is...just have 2 of the little 1.99 a month mini boxes and they suck. They are in the kids' rooms and they hate having to flip them off and on all day to change the channel. If you know of anyway to fix that please let me know.

Silver Problem Solver

That's what I'm talking about, the DTAs are the 1.99 boxes, and the IR receiver is the optional wire you can use if you want to hide the box itself behind the TV, and the IR receiver would receive the signals from the remote to change channels. If you have it, it would be plugged in to "IR In" on the back of the DTA. As I said the IR receivers tend to break easily, so just remove it if you have it and try that for a bit.

New Poster

Nope, don't have those. Just the little boxes, no IR receivers. Comcast fixed em with a signal a few times...they just don't stay fixed for more than an hour and I don't have the time or patience to keep calling every hour on the hour. Thanks for trying to help though. If you come up with anything else please let me know.

Thanks again.