Community Forum

TV screen says no signal

New Poster

TV screen says no signal

When we turned on the tv, it says no signal.  What is wrong?  The other TV's in the house are working fine.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: TV screen says no signal

Dken105 wrote:

When we turned on the tv, it says no signal.  What is wrong?  The other TV's in the house are working fine.

First, ensure TV's input is on the cable input.   If that is okay, reboot the cable box to reinitialize service.  If that does not work, call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR about sending authorizations to that cable box.

New Poster

My input for the TV is correct which is actually HDMI1.  I do unplug my box and plug it back in and it does work, but this 'no signal' seems to be happening way too much.  It actually happened twice today - in the am when I got up for work and then again when I got home and turned it on.

Has to be something else going on.  All my other boxes are working fine.

Gold Problem Solver

wrote:

My input for the TV is correct which is actually HDMI1.  I do unplug my box and plug it back in and it does work, but this 'no signal' seems to be happening way too much.  It actually happened twice today - in the am when I got up for work and then again when I got home and turned it on.

Has to be something else going on.  All my other boxes are working fine.

You should call Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and request a TECH onsite to evaluate the no signal conditions and make any necessary repairs that may need to be done.