Community Forum

TV not working

New Poster

TV not working

Our TV remote has not worked to turn on our set, and now the cable box is just flashing green and we get no signal on our TV. Would like this issue to be solved but have had no luck with online chat or phoning Xfinity. Can anyone help? We probably need a technician to come to our house...sorry this is so long.
Expert

Re: TV not working

@ECB11 wrote:
Our TV remote has not worked to turn on our set, and now the cable box is just flashing green and we get no signal on our TV. Would like this issue to be solved but have had no luck with online chat or phoning Xfinity. Can anyone help? We probably need a technician to come to our house...sorry this is so long.

Have you replaced the battery in the television's remote?

Can you turn on your television using the manual controls found on the television? Does your television work using an antenna for local stations?  Does your television work using a DVR?

If the television will not turn "On" you might need to get a new television.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: TV not working

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!