Community Forum

TV keeps shutting off

New Poster

TV keeps shutting off

The TV keeps shutting off and saying no signal.  It does this on 2 tvs.  It plays for a few minutes and then quits.  I have to unplug everything to get it to boot up again.  Then the same thing happens.

Regular Visitor

Re: TV keeps shutting off

I had pretty much the same problem though mine wasn’t as frequent. In my case, turned out that the power saving settings on my TiVo box were to blame.
New Poster

We're having the same problem.  I unplugged and reset the Comcast TV box.  Everything worked fine for a short time then it shut down for 5 seconds then starts up again.  I changed channels and the same results.  I even pulled out all the plugs in the back, checked other connects, reset and still the same results.  This has been going on for two days now.  Help!

Official Employee

TORRES_3, sounds like you might be experiencing some signal leakage. Let's double-check and correct this! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!