Community Forum

TIVO CL-13 service error

Regular Visitor

TIVO CL-13 service error

I recently upgraded my TIVO (from premiere to Bolt) and I am having trouble with the CableCard side of it.  with my older TIVO i had no problem going to the Xfinity app through the TIVO and using that to get to the on - demand shows.  After the upgrade I am getting a CL-13 Service Error when I try and watch an On Demand tv show.  I get all the channels through the TIVO no problem.  My xfinity set top box works fine(channels and On Demand shows, i even watched one with it last night).  It is just the TIVO/CableCard side of things that is giving me a problem

I spoke to Customer Service yesterday about the problem and after repairing, many reboots, signal refreshes, and reassurances that the problem will fix if I just wait 45 minutes after the refresh, the CL-13 error it still presists. 

After looking at some older posts here it sounds like there is an issue with "account coding" for the cable card on the tivo.   I found a post that refers to this error and it states to "have them verify that your account rate codes are coded for CableCard and not set-top box."  I'm not sure what that means but hopefully someone at Comcast would.    I don't want to lose the video on demand on my xfinity box, i just want it added to the TIVO/CableCard as well. 

Hopefully someone here can help me for real.. 

Thanks

--Bill 

Official Employee

Re: TIVO CL-13 service error

Hey @billtoo

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity forum. Sorry for the issues you're having. I know exactly what you mean when you reference the billing system and rate codes. It should be a pretty simple fix. Can you send me a private message with your first and last name before I can begin troubleshooting? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: TIVO CL-13 service error

Thank you for giving me the chance to help resolve the CL-13 error on your TiVo. As I stated in our private message, let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Thanks for being the BEST part of Comcast, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!