Community Forum

TIVO Bolt Vox and Comcast On Demand

Regular Visitor

TIVO Bolt Vox and Comcast On Demand

Do you have to have a cable box to view On Demand if you have the TIVO Bolt Vox for cable?

Contributor

Re: TIVO Bolt Vox and Comcast On Demand

The short answer is no, you should have the Xfinity On Demand App available on your Bolt. If it’s missing, call Tivo and they can push it out. I had to do this on a Mini just recently.

I’m having another issue with XOD,, it stopped working and gives a error code so I have to call Comcast I guess.

Good luck!!
Official Employee

Hello all and thank you for posting,

@mnollner - As mryflyguy stated, you don't have to have a cable box to view On Demand, you just need to have a cable card. 

@mryflyguy - I replied to your other post asking to send me a private message, I'd be happy to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Looks like Comcast will end support for the Tivo/Xfinity Video On Demand app in Michigan next month.  I received a message saying this when I turned on my TV this morning.  I called Comcast and they confirmed.  They said something along the lines of the app being based on "old technology" that can cause "a security issue".  I asked whether I could get more detail and he said further detail is not available at this time.  There is a streaming app for Roku and some Samsung TV's, but otherwise my understanding is that customers will be forced to rent X1 boxes from Comcast in order to continue to used Xfinity On Demand.

Official Employee

Additional details at the link below, thanks! 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/On-Demand-no-longer-supported-on-TiVo-after-6-25-19/td-...

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!