Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Status Code 580 With Digital Adaptors

Frequent Visitor

Status Code 580 With Digital Adaptors

I have 2 digital adaptors and one digital box on the 3 TV's. The two TV's with the digital adaptors are now recieveing status code 580 messeges on many channels. I notice that these channels appear to be new channels I've never received before.

Question #1- Am I supposed to recieve these new channels now?

Question #2- If so, how do I fix the status 580 code on these channels?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Status Code 580 With Digital Adaptors

76 views and no comments. It's like calling the Comcast help line...you get the same results. Nothing! For what I pay for this service they should come over and cook me dinner while I watch.

New Poster

Same problem here and I suspect this answer is most likely the issue - maybe it's your same issue as well?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Error-Code-580-new-box-doesn-t-help-Channel-not-authoriz...
New Poster

Just an FYI - turns out mine was in need of a refresh signal because I had unplugged the box and it wasn't jiving with the signal anymore despite having reset it several times over the course of several days. It took a few second to fix and I'm back to having all of my channels on my secondary cable box. Before calling Comcast tech support I would suggest downloading the xfinity app and refreshing your signal to see if that does the trick. Good luck!
New Poster

I have the same error messages, at least on my TV in my room . I'm to tired and lazy to check the other 4 receivers. But for almost $200- a month I should not be having issues
Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Official Employee

Hello all, error code 580 is a common error that you will see when your equipment is having an issue connecting to our back end system. The signal refresh that Delanza mentioned is the appropriate way to clear this error from your screen, please try refreshing your equipment first by unplugging it, if that doesn't do the trick you can send a signal through the my account app or you can request that this be completed by a Comcast representative. Christa2476 if you are needing further assistance with the 580 error please send me a private message with your full address and the name on the account  by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me".

Frequent Visitor

Now over two months later from my original post, the same problem still exsist. My digital adapters TVs have 30+ channels that still show a error 580 code. A poster above states that I should download some kind of app to fix the issue. When I look to download this so-called app, I get shuffled from one Comcast page to another never finding the app. I gave up on trying to fix this issue that way. I will NEVER call Comcast about this due to there horrible customer service. Not to long ago it took me 5 calls and two emails just to get a remote control! Never again.

So I ask...again, how do I fix these 580 errors???

Expert

BDW1964 wrote:

Now over two months later from my original post, the same problem still exsist. My digital adapters TVs have 30+ channels that still show a error 580 code. A poster above states that I should download some kind of app to fix the issue. When I look to download this so-called app, I get shuffled from one Comcast page to another never finding the app. I gave up on trying to fix this issue that way. I will NEVER call Comcast about this due to there horrible customer service. Not to long ago it took me 5 calls and two emails just to get a remote control! Never again.

So I ask...again, how do I fix these 580 errors???

What is the link/name for the app?

Frequent Visitor

That's the problem, I never found out what app they were talking about.

Frequent Visitor

Why is that when other people post on my original post, they seem to get help. But everybody is silent when I need help.

Regular Visitor

So the app is called Xfinity My Account (I use an iPhone, so this is based on what this looks like for me). I downloaded and launched the app, logged in and then I clicked the TV icon at the bottom.I then selected the device I was having an issue with. On the next screen I selected Troubleshoot. On the next screen I selected "I see an error message". On the next screen I scrolled down and selected "None of these" and then hit Continue. On the next screen I selected "Restart the device". My box then re-booted and when it was done, all the channels that were not working started working again.