Community Forum

Status Code 228 after Switching Out Boxes

Frequent Visitor

Status Code 228 after Switching Out Boxes

So, I switched out two of my three boxes for less expensive ones, and had a helluva time getting even the main one working.  During the setup, it would ask me what language I wanted to work in; I'd choose English (US) and get a black screen before it would take me back to the same page asking which language I wanted to choose.

I finally selected English (Canada) and weirdly enough that seems to have worked.  However, even though I've gotten the main box and an additional secondary connected box to work, the other secondary box in my main room is getting a Code Error 228.

I contacted Comcast support both by phone and online chat and got no resolution to the problem.  I checked all my television's settings, connections (even the router) and see nothing wrong.  I've done multiple refreshes and restarts.  I don't think it's the box, because the main box wasn't working...until it did.

Help.

Official Employee

Re: Status Code 228 after Switching Out Boxes

Hello, User525. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are running into issues with the with the secondary box. I would like to look further into this and see if we can get it working for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have sent you a private message, but after doing a bit more searching on here, this seems to be the problem lots of folks are having:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/No-signal-message-after-Tv-is-turned-on-X1-and-Sony-Bravia/td-p/285...

I fear this is something you will not be able to help me with.

Official Employee

Hello, User525. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!