Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Status Code 225

Regular Visitor

Status Code 225

Comcast had an outage in our area Sunday evening into Monday late morning.   When the cable came back, all 4 of our televisions still had intermittent error codes 225.  Called Comcast.   The first person I spoke to said she never heard of that Status code and told me I must have a bad digital adapter and I need to go to the nearest comcast store to exchange it.    Last night, again called Comcast and spent an hour on the phone with a somewhat more knowledgable person who sent signals to all 4 tvs and said we should be good to go in 20 to 45 minutes.   Again, Status Code 225 on all 4 TVs on only some stations.    If I can Google Status Code 225, why doesn't Customer Service do the same thing?   Should I call them to ask them to send someone to our house?   We are on Day 3 with intermittent service.

Accepted Solutions
Admin1

Re: Status Code 225

Hello nancylcrwford,

I sent some new signals to your boxes to try and clear up that issue. You can also do a reset by unplugging your boxes and plugging them back in. A health check on your account did show a potential line issue. Geek46 is right this could be something preventing your boxes from getting proper signal. It is recommended to have a tech come out is the issue is still present after new signals and a reset have been done. You can also send me days/times that work best for you and I can schedule one for you.

All Replies
Expert

nancylcrawford wrote:

Comcast had an outage in our area Sunday evening into Monday late morning.   When the cable came back, all 4 of our televisions still had intermittent error codes 225.  Called Comcast.   The first person I spoke to said she never heard of that Status code and told me I must have a bad digital adapter and I need to go to the nearest comcast store to exchange it.    Last night, again called Comcast and spent an hour on the phone with a somewhat more knowledgable person who sent signals to all 4 tvs and said we should be good to go in 20 to 45 minutes.   Again, Status Code 225 on all 4 TVs on only some stations.    If I can Google Status Code 225, why doesn't Customer Service do the same thing?   Should I call them to ask them to send someone to our house?   We are on Day 3 with intermittent service.

Sinec you have no idea of what caused the outage ( cable cut, fiber cut, pole taken out by car. etc.) you could be getting the 225 error becuse something has impacetd your boxes ability to receive a good signal....   yes, you should get a TECH out to see the signal levels at your boxes location....

Admin1

Hello nancylcrwford,

I sent some new signals to your boxes to try and clear up that issue. You can also do a reset by unplugging your boxes and plugging them back in. A health check on your account did show a potential line issue. Geek46 is right this could be something preventing your boxes from getting proper signal. It is recommended to have a tech come out is the issue is still present after new signals and a reset have been done. You can also send me days/times that work best for you and I can schedule one for you.

Regular Visitor

Would anyone be available to come out tomorrow during the day or next week any day after 5:00?
Admin1

Don't have anything for tomorrow during the day unfortunately. First available appointment after 5 would be on Tuesday 7/21. I put you down for that day, between 5pm-7pm. 

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

status code 225:  Unplug bos for a couple of minutes.  Plug back in.  Problem should be solved.  I just did it on my box and it worked.