Community Forum

Spanish broadcast on local fox station of football game on Sunday

Highlighted
New Poster

Spanish broadcast on local fox station of football game on Sunday

Please help as to why Spanish broadcast was only on TV with DVR box.  The other TV's in the house were the English broadcast.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Spanish broadcast on local fox station of football game on Sunday

Because your audio language is set to spanish?

Press menu, go to settings, and change it back to english...

Official Employee

@valdrg wrote:

Please help as to why Spanish broadcast was only on TV with DVR box.  The other TV's in the house were the English broadcast.

This link may assist: 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Audio-Issues-Low-audio-no-audio-Spanish-audio-N...

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue, Spanish color and play -by - play on 1 TV for the Seahawk broadcast and English on another TV. It is NOT set to Spanish. All guides are in english under FOXHD it has "eng". Odd.
Official Employee

@Highseassailor wrote:
We have the same issue, Spanish color and play -by - play on 1 TV for the Seahawk broadcast and English on another TV. It is NOT set to Spanish. All guides are in english under FOXHD it has "eng". Odd.

One thing to check is the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) as the TVs language settings may have been accidentally changed (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP on the remote or via your TVs settings menu).

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

As i stated on my post, the TV in question was set for English, the cable box set for English. All prompts were in English, not Esp. The TV is on 18 hours a day and changed to Spanish play by play when the broadcast started on 113 FOX HD. The moment the game ended the local, non-broadcast guys came through in English, as it stayed since. All commercials were in English. I did not check the TV with the master X1. I even switched to Spanish and back to English.
New Poster

If you want to watch Redskins in English tune your TV to Fox channel in standard definition. HD is cross broadcasting in spanish.

New Poster

To watch Redskins in English tune TV to Fox standard definition. HD channel is cross broadcasting in ESP/SAP.

New Poster

Did you find a solution for this? I have the exact problem.
Frequent Visitor

YES!

There is another, different "SAP" on the single Comcast station, different from the global Comcast and TV setting everyone kept telling me to do.

1) Watching a normal screen on the channel in question (Mine was 105 King5 HD in the Seattle market) press the down arrow on the Comcast remote control direction pad. A few options will appear.

2) scroll over to "SAP" and hit OK, in the center of the pad.

3) You should see that "Spanish" has a check mark. Highlight English and hit OK. 

2 of my 3 TV's were fine, always English. This one TV on a secondary cable box had Spanish Language play-play only during the Seahawks games. Commercials and controls were in English. The moment the game ended it was all English.  The steps above fixed it.

New Poster

Where is the settings button? Remote? DVR? Where? Nothing is marked settings.
Frequent Visitor

IIf you are refering to the full, comprehensive main "settings" menu, press the "xfinity" button just above the directional pad (mine is the X-1 system), scroll (using the directional arrow buttons)  to the "settings" icon (looks like a gear") and press OK.  My "settings" gear icon is on the far right.

In my post, and refering to a single channel, the "directional key pad" (up, dowm, left , right arrow buttons with the "OK" button in the middle of the pad) on the handheld remote control is what I am refering to. Mine is an X-1 system handheld remote and the pad is silver.

If watching a normal TV screen, pressing the down arrow on the directional pad a few settings for that specific channel should appear on the TV screen at the bottom, D)), SAP, CC and  <|  II   >. Highlighting the icon will display what the icon does, OK will select that function.

Hope that helps.