Community Forum

Some websites wont work since i got a newer Xfinity router

New Poster

Some websites wont work since i got a newer Xfinity router

Since getting an upgraded router and cable box, my cable often cuts out or our tv shuts off and turns back on, and some websites ( ex., LL Bean and Macys), wont work on our desktop at all, but will on our phones when we don't use our home wireless.

Question 1.  Why does our TV (Samsung UN55MU8000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 2017 Model), constly turn off and back on again for no appairent reason?

Question 2,  Why are there some websites that don't work?

Expert

Re: Some websites wont work since i got a newer Xfinity router

1. Is it the TV itself shutting off and turning itself back on? Or are you referring to the cable service going in and out? If the TV, then contact Samsung. If you are referring to the actual service, then you might have a signal problem.
  2. Check your signal stats at either http://192.168.100.1 or http://10.0.0.1
    1. How do traceroutes look to those websites?
    2. tracert - Windows Command Prompt
    3. traceroute - macOS Terminal

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Some websites wont work since i got a newer Xfinity router

@Dan5830 wrote:

Since getting an upgraded router and cable box, my cable often cuts out or our tv shuts off and turns back on, and some websites ( ex., LL Bean and Macys), wont work on our desktop at all, but will on our phones when we don't use our home wireless.

Question 1.  Why does our TV (Samsung UN55MU8000 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 2017 Model), constly turn off and back on again for no appairent reason?

Question 2,  Why are there some websites that don't work?

It looks to me that you are using your Samsung television to search the web. While it is possible; the built-in software for anti-virus protection is not designed for that purpose.

If you are talking about watching IPV programing on the television at the same time others are using the Internet on another device, you might not have a fast enough broadband service to handle both at the same time. The television will get a better signal by being connected directly to the router on a LAN cable (not WiFi).  I suspect your television is going black screen & no audio from loss of signal. If your television is actually resetting you have a television problem. I would check your television manual and use the "Samsung Remote Support Service". They can remotely check your television out and reset functions if you accidentally changed some important settings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!