Community Forum

Software/Firmware on my set top boxes

Expert

Re: Software/Firmware on my set top boxes

Also loooked at the boxes status screen again just now and it currently looks like the lowest upstream level of my boxes are 38dBmV while the highest is 42dBmV

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@jweaver0312 - I sent signals to all 4 boxes and I see you have 4 Cisco (at that time it was Scientific Atlanta) RNG150N. The online view won't make any impact to the box performance. The signals needs to be checked when you experience freeze issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

At the time the issue happens I am unable to accsss that information but I accessed it right after the last occurrence being yesterday where I saw the Upstream level right after access was restored to the box Firmware and that was the box that read 38dBmV right after the issue

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Are these boxes supposed to reset/restart?

Official Employee

@jweaver0312 - Yes, they supposed to restart. If they didn't - communication issue. If boxes are not getting signals properly - remote troubleshooting won't work. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Ok. Just making sure since they rebooted. I’ll keep you updated when it happens again.

Official Employee

@jweaver0312 - That's good. Please let me know by sending a private message, so I will be able to check asap. Thank you so much!

Expert

I just wanted to let you know one of my boxes just froze up about 5 minutes ago.

Expert

One of my boxes just froze up now.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@jweaver0312 - Thank you for letting me know. For the next time, please use my handle @ComcastElla or send me a private message, since I don't get notifications about the comments. There are open maintenance events in your area currently that could cause an issue with the freezing. Please send me your full name and a phone number in a private message and I will provide more details.