Community Forum

Set up TV in another room

Regular Visitor

Set up TV in another room

I rent and only have a cable wall connection in the living room. Can I set up a tv in the bedroom without a wall connection? If so, how????

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Set up TV in another room

Somewhere in the home / apt you must add a splitter and run a length of coaxial cable to where you want a 2nd TV located. 

Since your renting, you an buy a splitter and the proper length of coax with the connectors attached and run it from the existing TV to the new one with the cable run along the baseboard.

You can also measure how long the coax is that you need, and go to the local Comcast office to pickup another set top box for the 2nd set and ask the counter person if they can supply  the proper length coax and the splitter.  You will also need a short coax jumper to add where the splitter will go.

If you just run the coax from behind original TV to the 2nd one and don't add another set top box, then you will only receive your local network channels, in many area's it would be channels 2-22 or so.

Regular Visitor

Someone said there is a small box that you can plug into your outlet but you only get some of the channels. Do you know where I could get this box?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

If your system has upgraded to the digital transition, you can get a DTA for  the 2nd set at your local Comcast office.  These are usually available to subscribers that had expanded basic service or some digital TV package.

You will still need to split the incoming coax, and run a coaxial cable to the room the 2nd TV will be located in.

You can stop at your local Comcast office and they will fix you up with what you need to get the small DTA box for the 2nd set.