Community Forum

Sceptre Code Issues

New Poster

Sceptre Code Issues

I've spent several hours with this code issue with a Sceptre TV.  None of the codes worked to turn my tv on and off, adjust volumn and change channels.  I tried all the resets and even spend some time with customer service chat where I was told to replace the batteries in the remote.  They were new batteries so I ended that call.

I finally got everything to work by using:

SetUp - 986 (to clear)

SetUp - 991 then hold down CH Up key until TV turned off.

I had tried this method several times, but I finally tried it with the cable box turned off and guess what...This finally worked with the TV and I have full function, on/off, volumn, channels, mute....  Finally everything works with one remote.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Sceptre Code Issues

Omg!!! So glad I found your post... none of the codes listed on website worked. Thanks!!!
New Poster

So do you have to hit set up 991 every time you want to turn tv off or on?
New Poster

I got my Sceptre to work by unplugging the power cable from the cable box then following the remote programming steps for tv control. Default code 13899 worked fine. So the steps are the same as the manual but you need to have the remote box turned off. Some bug
New Poster

Use the Sony Bravia code 10810. I stumbled across it when I used my sony dvr remote and it worked on my sceptre tv. This code worked like a champ 10810. It's been two years trying to find a code lol. I have a 50 in sony bravia like I said just stumbled into finding the code. Hope this helps others looking for this code 10810.
Tags (1)
New Poster

Use the Sony Bravia code 10810. I stumbled across it when I used my sony dvr remote and it worked on my sceptre tv. This code worked like a champ 10810. It's been two years trying to find a code lol. I have a 50 in sony bravia like I said just stumbled into finding the code. Hope this helps others looking for this code 10810.
Tags (1)
New Poster

I saw a couple of posts saying y'all got codes to work with cable box off? Are you still using the Comcast remote or the Sceptre tv remote? I'm a little confused... please help! 

New Poster

10810 Works for the sceptre 75" perfectly, thanks!!