Community Forum

Saved Recordings GONE

New Poster

Saved Recordings GONE

This morning I discovered that all of my recorded movies and TV shows are completely gone. Not only are THEY gone, but the link or button to the "RECORDINGS" on the taskbar is also missing. What is going on with my DVR? (BTW...I only have one DVR) Quite a few of my "lost" recordings are no longer available On-Demand.
When or if you can get it fixed, please explain to me how I'm going to get all of these recordings back without having to pay for them? Xfinity has already gotten enough of my money.
I've scanned through previous posts on this forum, and I noticed several other people have had the same issue. Seeing as though Xfinity has been made aware of this in the past, one would think that this wouldn't continue to be an issue?
Official Employee

Re: Saved Recordings GONE

Hello, CatM1958. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I'm sorry to hear your recordings have gone missing. Once a recording is removed, if it isn't sitting in the "recently deleted" folder then it is non-retrievable. I would be more than happy to take a closer look to figure out why this happened so it can be avoided in the future.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Saved Recordings GONE

CatM1958, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get help with your recordings, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!