Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Samsung Smart TV

New Poster

Samsung Smart TV

We have a Samsung 6350 Smart TV. When we got it, we needed a new cable box. The remote that we got with the box worked fine but we wanted to use a single remote so I tried programming the Xfinity remote. None of the remote tv codes work with the TV; some almost work except for the Guide and the arrow keys when used in conjunction with Info. Either tell me the code I should be using or the code that is in effect with a brand new remote.

Tags (1)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Samsung Smart TV

Start the process here - http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

New Poster

I tried everyone of the codes listed. None gave me access to the Guide.

Bronze Problem Solver

csseum wrote:

I tried everyone of the codes listed. None gave me access to the Guide.

This is the only thread I could find on the topic - looks like you're not alone.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Remote-code-for-Samsung-Smart-TV/td-p/1802322

Problem Solver

The only other option is to get the Logitech Harmony 650. I got one, due to the remotes for Comcast are very limited in what they do. The Harmony 650 will do everything that your existing remote does. You just hook it up to a USB cord to your computer, then go to the myharmony.com site and put in the make & model of your equipment, and the website does the rest.
New Poster

Is there a way to reset the Xfinity remote to factory settings?

Bronze Problem Solver

csseum wrote:

Is there a way to reset the Xfinity remote to factory settings?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6944717_reset-defaults-comcast-remote.html

Frequent Visitor

I just got the lower-level Samsung smart TV, the 5500 series LED/LCD. It comes with the old button-style remote rather than the touchpad smart one yours may have. However, the automatic programming of the remote to control Comcast box worked fine after plugging in the IR blaster cable as instructed on the TV. Still, I find that the Comcast remote has more complete and easy-to-use capabilities for controlling the box, so I continue to use both. For example, the Samsung remote will automatically power-down the box but won't power it up; also it is flaky at inputting channel numbers.

Since there is only one IR blaster cable, looks like only one device can be added to TV remote (since the IR blaster must remain attached to TV for it to work).

New Poster

Resetting the remote did the trick. Thanks to those who contributed.

Bronze Problem Solver

csseum wrote:

Resetting the remote did the trick. Thanks to those who contributed.

I'm glad you found a solution - must be the luck of the Irish.

New Poster

Glad I'm not the only one who can't use Samsung remote to change channels for any digit above 9. Very frustrating to have to use two remotes (because Comcast remote also limited) for basic channel and TV functions.