Community Forum

Rng150n cable box setup - force HDMI output - black screen on channel change

New Poster

Rng150n cable box setup - force HDMI output - black screen on channel change

I saw a post from 2011 that explained how to bring up a setup wizard to configure this box but the rng150n that I just received doesn't invoke a wizard. It displays multiple pages of configuration info, when pressing guide and info simultaneously on the remote with the box powered off. It does not allow me to change anything. I want to force the HDMI output to a specific resolution, 720p. Right now it changes based on the input, so most channel changes result in an annoying black screen delay and HDMI re-negotiation with my TV. Is there a way to force the HDMI output?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Rng150n cable box setup - force HDMI output - black screen on channel change

There are several RNG150 suppliers, you were not specific.

On some, you turn off the cable box and press "menu" for the user menu to come up so you can change the resolution.

New Poster

Re: Rng150n cable box setup - force HDMI output - black screen on channel change

Thanks for the reply.

It is a Cisco box. I assumed rng150 was the model number and wouldn't expect other vendors to use the same model number.

I get no response from the menu key.

New Poster

It just occured to me that by "supplier", maybe you refer to the system operator, which in this case is Comcast.

New Poster

Found the user menu by pressing "guide" with box off. But the HDMI output is the only thing it won't let me change. It is set to pass thru. FRUSTRATING!

New Poster

"Restore defaults" sets HDMI output to 1080i fixed. Better than before but this software is bad! And Comcast was no help at all. Comcast doesn't care about customer satisfaction or the user experience.

New Poster

This should be shouted from the highest tower: Restore defaults" sets HDMI output to 1080i fixed.

We were unable to use X1 due to downstream, cabling, and pixellating issues and had to drop back to legacy.

There is very little information on setting up the XR2 remote with the Cisco RNG150N.