Community Forum

Reset default language to English

New Poster

Reset default language to English

Hello,

Somehow I accidentally swtiched my default language from English to Spanish. 

Following Comcast Support instructions online (which look nothing like what I see on my TV screen), I used my remote control to navigate as follows:

Menu

Quick menu

Main menu

Setup

Audio Setup -- -- Press (sideways arrows) to change

There are six categories in the Audio Setup list.

The first categrory is Default Audio Track.

The language displayed is Espanol.

However, unlike other categories in the list, there are no sideways arrows shown to the right or left of Espanol and therefore no way to scroll or select another choice (English).

How can I change the Default Audio Track back to English? 

Thank you so much. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Reset default language to English

Usually, Default Audio Track should be the correct option. Not all channels properly label their audio feeds. On my box, you just left/right to select the audio feeds when you are on the 'Default Audio track' in the Audio setup. Mine has the options for Default, English, Espanol, Francais.

New Poster

I have the same problem as described below. The arrows on the default language do not allow any other options but spanish. I have reset/unplugged the box and still have the same issue. Just started this week after years of not being a problem. Spanish is only spoken on NESN, however. All the other channels are OK.

Silver Problem Solver

Annandale wrote:

I have the same problem as described below. The arrows on the default language do not allow any other options but spanish. I have reset/unplugged the box and still have the same issue. Just started this week after years of not being a problem. Spanish is only spoken on NESN, however. All the other channels are OK.

Make sure DVS (directly below default audio track) is turned off first. Having DVS on will lock audio to Spanish.

New Poster