Community Forum

Replacement set top box

New Poster

Replacement set top box

I  carried out a dialog on line with Comcast support on May 5th regarding failing sound on several channels. No sound on some, poor quality on others. He walked me through some tests and indicated that the problem was the set top box and that a replacement would be sent to us. It has been five business days and no set top box or e-mail indicating that one has been shipped. How much longer should we wait? What can I do to get our TV back in normal operation?

Richard {removed PII}

Official Employee

Re: Replacement set top box

Hi there, lycanpdx. Thank you for posting and for choosing to reach out to us via this method of support. That is upsetting that you haven't received your new equipment yet. Those shipments typically take 3 - 5 business days. I would be happy to take a look at your account to see what the status is. Please send me a private message with your name and we can continue from there. Thank you much and I look forward to speaking with you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

When we didn't get the replacement we went to Xfinity store on April 11 and got a replacement set top box.  After numerous attempts and conversations on the phone with technicians  to install it we went back to Xfinityon the 12th.  On the 13th an Xfinity guy came out and told us they gave us the wrong box and he got another out from his truck and installed it.  Our TV works fine now with the new box.

Official Employee

Wow. I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble that you went through in order to reach a solution. On the other hand, I'm glad to know that everything is working again as expected. In the future, please reach out to us here if you'd like to. We're available 7 days a week and usually have a fairly quick response time.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I have completed this interaction. Be sure to let us know if you need further support with your account at any point in the future. Take care.