Community Forum

Remote control issues

Contributor

Remote control issues

Another annoying issue is trying to use the on screen guide (TV), the channel will suddenly return to the station I currently have on.  I may have the TV set on ch 9 and using the guide flipping through the stations when it will suddenly return to ch 9 and I have to start over if I didn't pay attention to the channel number I was at. For instance I could be at 30, 60, 140 when it suddenly switches the guide back to ch 9. It's ridiculous!

Official Employee

Re: Remote control issues

Hello @Scorp9681, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and I can definitely see where this could be frustrating. Just to make sure I understand correctly, at any time during your search, it randomly switches back to the channel you are currently on? Or does it only occur at a specific time? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Yes,  for instance I may have channel 10 on. Then go to the onscreen TV guide and scroll to check other channels when suddenly the guide changes back to channel 10. There is not time period it happens and doesn't happen every single day. When it does decide to do it, it will continue no matter how many times I stop, change the station or wait a few minutes to try again. It has not done it the past few days but, can start at any time without warning.

Contributor

Yes,  for instance I may have channel 10 on. Then go to the onscreen TV guide and scroll to check other channels when suddenly the guide changes back to channel 10. There is not time period it happens and doesn't happen every single day. When it does decide to do it, it will continue no matter how many times I stop, change the station or wait a few minutes to try again. It has not done it the past few days but, can start at any time without warning.

Official Employee

Thanks for explaining that to me again, I appreciate it! Can you please confirm if you have performed a manual reboot on the box on your end? Unplug the power cable from the cable box, wait 10-15 secs, plug the power cable back in, and allow 10 mins or less for it to reboot. If you could please do so if you haven't already., thanks. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I have done everything and so have multiple techs I've spoken to about the problem as it was happening. And no, I will not schedule another home visit.  These types of incidents never happened before my cableequipment was swapped out for the 'new and better' equipment.

I have had problems from the day Comcast took over cable. 

Official Employee

Thanks for confirming and I'm sorry to hear that this has been an ongoing issue since replacing the cable box. I would be more than happy to further troubleshoot this on my end. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

Official Employee

@Scorp9681, I never received a private message or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a private message if you still need assistance with this remote control concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.