Community Forum

Remote codes for Samsung Soundbar

New Poster

Remote codes for Samsung Soundbar

I connected a Samsung HW-FM55C (Costco version of FM550) sound bar to my tv. I have tried all codes and programming hints but can't control the volume from the Comcast remote.
Does anyone have the volume + and - codes? The auto-power feature will handle the on and off if necessary.
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: Remote codes for Samsung Soundbar

Had same problem, and have solved it. Original setup was per soundbar manual: From cable box to soundbar via HDMI, then soundbar to TV also via HDMI. Everything worked from Comcast remote except volume control. Needed soundbar remote to raise/lower audio. Wasted hours with several agents at both Comcast and Samsung support, playing with codes, etc. After much troubleshooting on my own, I finally got it working by changing connection sequence: From cable box to TV via HDMI, then from TV to soundbar via Digital Optical. This places TV ahead of soundbar. Now I can control everything from Comcast/Xfinity remote. Perhaps this can work for you, too?

New Poster

Did you still have to use a code to setup the comcast remote to control the samsung sound bar? If so which one? Thanks
Regular Visitor

I wish I could answer that intelligently. Before I changed the wiring sequence, I tried 5 to 10 codes with the original recommended sequence. Not one had any effect. Then I changed the wiring, and it worked. Whether it worked in combination with something altered by one of those earlier code attempts, I cannot say.

Frequent Visitor

I have used two codes for the Samsung f550 soundbar.  32609 and 22609 should both work in the AUX spot!  On/Off, Volume, and Source (using the TV/VCR button)

New Poster

I tried your steps and it still doesn't work. I already had the sound bar hooked up the way you did In your these instructions. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I should be doing with the tv and the sound bar ?
Regular Visitor

To Hatch9135: Your recent comment ("..hooked up the way you did In your these instructions..") is not clear about whose hookup you are referring to. Are talking about mine, or those mentioned by other commenters?

The other people found codes that worked, which they describe in their comments.

In my case - per my 11/27/13 comment - I do not remember which codes I used, because I had tried several of them unsuccessfully *prior* to changing the wiring from Samsung's recommendation. After I changed the wiring, I enterred no further codes; it just worked as soon as I turned it on.

Whether that success was brought about by one of those earlier-tried-and-forgotten codes in combination with the later wiring change, I am unable to say. (TV is also Samsung)

New Poster

**lykav**

Thanks for your feedback.  I gave up on the codes after searching for toooo long!  I found the solution though on my own....

I have an APC Back-UPS ES 750 Battery Backup & Surge Protector.  There is a MASTER power plugin that has three plugins that are controlled by the MASTER.  I plugged my TV into the MASTER and plugged my Soundbar, My BluRay and the subwoofer into the plugins controlled by the MASTER.  I plugged my cable box, Wii and a lamp into the other available plugins.  WA-LA!  It works.  No codes!!!

Hopefully this may help others figure out their wiring.  It was a piece of cake and didn't take but 5 minutes to hook it all up.

New Poster

Thank you!!!!  32609 worked.

New Poster

My lg tv was sync, on/off only with comcast silver remote and then stopped. How can reset. Is it possible to include sound and mute to comcast remote as well?
New Poster

32609 and 22609

are all the codes  i called samsung  

New Poster

I tried both codes 22609 and 32609 because I was trying to get the volume to work. Now, none of it works and when I try to adjust my TV volume, I can't change it. It keeps going to aux instead of TV for any sound. How do I delete the codes?
New Poster

32609 worked for me, however only on my new remote.  I have an older remote and while it is the same style, it is about 2 years old and the code will not take in the older remote.

New Poster

Thank you ! The code 32609 worked for me on AUX on comcast remote.

I have the Samsung HW-HM45 sound bar.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue with xr2 remote. Neither the 32609 or 22609 code works. Called Comcast only to be told their remotes don't support sound bars, yet the website clearly states it does.

Anyone have a code for the He550?
New Poster

32609 worked for me! Thank you!
New Poster

I just tried the 32609 code and it worked.. Thanks everyone